- 用以代替 he 或 she，指性别不详的人
- 他〔她,它〕们 those people, animals, or things
- 人们,大家 people in general
- 政府,当局 the government, local council or other unknown people who control one's life
- Women used to think they were on the shelf at 30.
- They are going to move to a new house next week.
- I have a dog and a cat, but they fight all the time.
- John and Susan phoned.They're coming round this evening.
- They tremble—the sustaining crags.
- If anyone objects, they can go.
- They whom the gods love dies young.
- They're putting up oil prices again soon.
- count one's chickens before they are hatched 过早乐观
- as good as they come 极好
- as strong as they come 极好
- as tough as they come 极好
- they've =they have
- they'll 他们将要(=they...
- they'd (=they had...
- they're 他们是,=they ...
- as they come 按照原来的样子...
- be as clever as they make'em 很精明
- take things as they are 随遇而安,对一切事情...
- let the chips fall where they may 不管后果
- as … as they make them 极端…
- Take things as they come 随遇而安
- as … as they make 'em 极端…
- such as they are 质量不过如此; 价值...
- they would not want gilding. 药丸如不苦,何必加糖...
- They say. 听说
- They must hunger in winter that will not work in summer. 夏不劳动冬挨饿。...
Eyes protruding as if they saw something to gobble in the gutter.出自： V. Woolf
She liked Paul's friends though they alarmed her.出自： I. Murdoch
Once they have grown to a reasonable size cut the plants at ground level.出自：Health Now
- they是第三人称的复数形式,无性别之分,代表已提到过的一些人或事,在句中多用作主语,通常放在它所指代的名词之后,偶尔也可放在它所指代的词之前。有时为了避免显露性别, they也可以代替he, she或it。they后可接whom等引导的定语从句。
- ☆ 直接源自古斯堪的那维亚语的their，意为他们。