- [C]眼泪,泪水 drops of salty liquid that flows from the eyes, especially because of pain or sadness
- vt. & vi. 撕,扯; (使)分裂 pull apart or into pieces by force, especially so as to leave irregular edges
- vt. & vi. 刮伤; 扯伤 scratch badly; wound by tearing
- vt. 使烦恼; 使痛苦 cause great pain to; make miserable; distress
- vi. 飞奔 move excitedly with great speed
- [C]破洞,裂口 a torn place in cloth, paper, etc.
- a drop of the clear salty saline solution secreted by the lacrimal glands;
"his story brought tears to her eyes"
- an opening made forcibly as by pulling apart;
"there was a rip in his pants"
"she had snags in her stockings"
- an occasion for excessive eating or drinking;
"they went on a bust that lasted three days"
- the act of tearing;
"he took the manuscript in both hands and gave it a mighty tear"
- separate or cause to separate abruptly;
"The rope snapped"
"tear the paper"
- to separate or be separated by force;
"planks were in danger of being torn from the crossbars"
- move quickly and violently;
"The car tore down the street"
"He came charging into my office"
- strip of feathers;
"pull a chicken"
"pluck the capon"
- fill with tears or shed tears;
"Her eyes were tearing"
- Take the book from Alice, she will tear it.
- Nails that project may tear your clothes.
- Her heart was torn by anxiety.
- Don began to tear up when he talked about his son.
- Don't pull the pages so hard or they will tear.
- She shed crocodile tear over his death.
- She is mending a tear in her dress.
- They steal handkerchiefs, they tear off buttons, and they even cut off pieces of the unfortunate singers' hair.
The tears flowed down from her eyes.
Her tears were fought back on such an occasion.
She cried hot tears upon the books.
The old man's tears were flowing freely.
She came near to tears.
When I told them my story the girls broke into tears.
It was difficult for her to fight back her tears.
When she learned the sad news, she found it hard to choke back her tears.
The remark touched her to the quick and she gave way to tears.
The sound of her sob fetched tears to the eyes.
He brushed aside the tears with his sleeve.
She turned round, and dashed away the tears with a corner of her handkerchief.
I was truly moved by his tears.
She cannot fool me with her crocodile's tears.
His eyes filled with tears as he looked lovingly at her.
Her eyes were flooded with tears.
Her eyes were blinded with tears.
She alternated between laughter and tears.
This is English grammar without tears.
I want cloth that won't tear.
It seemed to be made of a thin sheet of some hard substance and it would not tear.
Why did you tear the cloth when I'd advised you to cut it with scissors?
I tore my coat this morning.
The saw tore her hand.
Political conflict has torn the nation.
The child's misery tore my heart.
He flew into a rage and tore my hair.
The clothes were torn and patched in a good many places.
The reactionary ruling clique was torn by internal strife.
The country had been torn by wars.
In those years our mother land was torn by civil war.
He was torn by rage.
He is torn by jealousy.
His heart was torn by anxiety.
He ran to the wounded soldier and tore his shirt open.
Tom tore the letter open and read it anxiously.
Tear this TV apart and fix it, please.
He was barefoot, wearing a torn and dirty shirt.
I'm in a tearing hurry to catch the train.
This fabric has a tear in it.
I've a tear in my left sock.
I wish you'd get rid of that old jacket, it's full of tears.
- brush away a/one's tear
擦掉眼泪 clear away the tears
She brushed away a tear. 她擦掉眼泪。
Brushing away her tears, she promised to return. 她抹掉泪珠,答应回来。
- 擦掉眼泪 clear away the tears
- gulp back one's tears
抑制眼泪 hold back; control tears
Mary was still crying when unexpected visitors arrived; gulping back her tears, she made an effort to greet them cheerfully. 当有人突然来访时,玛丽还在哭,她强忍着泪水,努力作出高兴的样子来接待他们。
- 抑制眼泪 hold back; control tears
- make with the tears
产生眼泪 produce the tears
She made with the tears to try to win everyone's sympathy. 她挤下几滴眼泪,企图以此来赢得大家的同情。
- 产生眼泪 produce the tears
- melt into tears
痛哭 begin to sweep freely
Mary melted into tears when she heard the bad news. 当玛丽听到这个坏消息时大哭了起来。
- 痛哭 begin to sweep freely
- in tears
The girl ran out of the room in tears. 这姑娘哭着从房间跑出去了。
Her eyes were bathed in tears. 她泪眼汪汪的。
Shocked by the sad news, she broke out in tears. 那不幸消息使她震惊,她失声痛哭了。
When they heard of the surrender of Nazi Germany, they broke out in tears and laughter. 当他们听说纳粹德国已投降时,激动得又是哭又是笑。
- 流着泪 crying
- tear along (v.+prep.)
沿…飞跑; 沿…狂奔 move excitedly with great speed along sth tear along sth
The excited children tore noisily along the street.激动的孩子们吵吵嚷嚷地沿街跑去。
An automobile came tearing along the road.汽车沿公路疾驰而来。
- 沿…飞跑; 沿…狂奔 move excitedly with great speed along sth tear along sth
- tear around〔about〕 (v.+adv.)
来回奔跑,四处奔跑,过游荡生活 move excitedly with great speed; go everywhere tear around〔about〕
Look at the children tearing about in the playground.瞧那些在游戏场上飞跑的孩子们。
Kate tore around from room to room, telling everybody the good news.凯特从一个房间奔到另一个房间,把好消息告诉大家。
Tom, when are you going to stop tearing around and settle down?汤姆,你什么时候才能不再到处游荡而安定下来呢?
- 来回奔跑,四处奔跑,过游荡生活 move excitedly with great speed; go everywhere tear around〔about〕
- tear aside (v.+adv.)
把…扯向一旁 remove aside by force tear sth ⇔ aside
She tore the curtain aside and looked out.她拉开窗帘向窗外望去。
- 把…扯向一旁 remove aside by force tear sth ⇔ aside
- tear at (v.+prep.)
撕; 扯破 pull sharply apart or to pieces tear at sth
He tore at the wrapping of the parcel.他用力撕包裹的包装纸。
He tore at the cover of the package.他用力扯拉包裹的封皮。
The sight of her grief tore at his heart.看到她那伤心的样子,他的心都碎了。
- 撕; 扯破 pull sharply apart or to pieces tear at sth
- tear away (v.+adv.)
勉强使…离开force sb to leave reluctantly tear oneself away from sth
I couldn't tear myself away from the beautiful display of flowers.我舍不得离开那个漂亮的花展。
The exhibits were so interesting that we could hardly tear ourselves away from them.展品是那样有意思,我们简直看得不愿意走了。
She could scarcely tear herself away from the scene.这风景使她恋恋不舍。
It was several hours before he could tear himself away from there.几小时过去了,他才恋恋不舍地离开那儿。
He could not tear himself away from the book.他放不下那本书。
硬行拉走 leave by force tear sb/sth ⇔ away from sth
The bandits struggled to tear her away from the safe.匪徒使劲想把她从保险柜跟前拉开。
Why did you tear the letter away from her hand?你为何要从她手中夺走那封信?
- 勉强使…离开force sb to leave reluctantly tear oneself away from sth
- tear between (v.+prep.)
在两者间犹豫 hesitate between; waver between; range between tear sb between sth 常用于 be ～ed 结构
She was torn between love and hate.她在爱与恨之间徘徊。
He was torn between a wish to return to the factory and a wish to stay to the end of the show.他又想回工厂,又想把节目看完。
The government is torn between principle and expediency.政府在原则与权宜之间难于抉择。
Being torn between their research work and their teaching, they often forgot to eat and sleep.他们又要搞研究,又要教学,常常弄得废寝忘食。
Being torn between anger and self-reproach, he could hardly fall asleep.他又是气愤,又埋怨自己,简直没法睡着。
- 在两者间犹豫 hesitate between; waver between; range between tear sb between sth 常用于 be ～ed 结构
- tear down (v.+adv.)
拆毁; 拆卸destroy, or take apart tear sth ⇔ down
The workers tore down the old house and built a new one in its place.工人们拆毁旧屋,并在原地另盖新屋。
The mechanics tear down the engine, and fix it, and put together again.机械工将发动机拆散,修理后再将它组合起来。
Whoever tears down the notice will be punished.无论谁将通告撕下,都要受到惩罚。
She tried to tear down his reputation.她试图诋毁他的声誉。用于 be ～ed 结构
The old houses have been torn down.旧房子拆掉了。
- 拆毁; 拆卸destroy, or take apart tear sth ⇔ down
- tear from (v.+prep.)
从…撕扯掉 pull sharply apart or to pieces from sth tear oneself/sth from sth
She tore several pages from the book.她从书上撕下好几页纸。
He could not tear himself from that spot.他舍不得离开那个地点。
- 从…撕扯掉 pull sharply apart or to pieces from sth tear oneself/sth from sth
- tear in (v.+prep.)
在…上撕出…; 撕成 make damage by pulling sharply in sth tear sth in sth
The girl tore a hole in her dress climbing over the wall.那女孩翻墙时将连衣裙剐了一个洞。
He picked up his contract and tore it in half.他拿起合同把它撕成两半。用于 be ～ed 结构
I gave him a ticket for the film, and it was torn in two.我给他一张电影票,他却把它撕成了两半。
- 在…上撕出…; 撕成 make damage by pulling sharply in sth tear sth in sth
- tear into (v.+prep.)
猛扑; 大吃; 戳穿,责备 attack violently, especially with words tear into sb/sth
They tore into the enemy.他们向敌人猛扑。
They tore into a steak.他们大口大口地吃牛排。
Explosive shells tore into the walls of the stronghold.炮弹炸穿了据点的墙壁。
The mother tore into her daughter for coming home late.母亲因女儿晚回家而训斥她。
- 猛扑; 大吃; 戳穿,责备 attack violently, especially with words tear into sb/sth
- tear off (v.+adv.)
匆匆地脱掉(衣服); 匆匆地做pull violently off; remove sth with urgent movements; do a job rapidly or casually tear off
He tore off before we could say a word.我们还没来得及说句话他就匆匆走了。tear sth ⇔ off
He tore off his clothes and jumped into the water to save the boy.他急忙脱下衣服,跳进水里去救那个男孩。
Mind the child. He might tear off the cover of the book.当心那孩子,他会把书的封面撕掉的。
I tore off two letters in twenty-five minutes.我在25分钟内匆匆写好两封信。
No matter how busy he might be, he would tear off some sleep at noon.不管有多忙,他中午都要抓紧时间睡一会儿。用于 be ～ed 结构
I caught the pocket of my coat on a nail; it's nearly torn off.我的上衣口袋给钉子钩住,差点儿给撕下来。
- 匆匆地脱掉(衣服); 匆匆地做pull violently off; remove sth with urgent movements; do a job rapidly or casually tear off
- tear out (v.+adv.)
撕下; 撕掉,扯去 cause sth to be out of place tear sth out of sth
He tore a page out of a book.他撕下一页书。用于 be ～ed 结构
Two pages had been torn out of the book.这本书上有两页被人撕去了。
- 撕下; 撕掉,扯去 cause sth to be out of place tear sth out of sth
- tear through (v.+prep.)
闪念 flash an idea through one's mind tear through sth
All kinds of thoughts tore through my mind.各种想法在我脑海里一闪而过。
- 闪念 flash an idea through one's mind tear through sth
- tear to (v.+prep.)
撕裂 pull apart or to pieces by force tear sth to sth
The ferocious winds seemed about to tear the ship to pieces.狂风仿佛要把船撕成碎片似的。
He tried to tear her argument to shreds.他试图把她的论点批驳得体无完肤。
- 撕裂 pull apart or to pieces by force tear sth to sth
- tear up (v.+adv.)
撕成碎片destroy by tearing; cancel a contract〔an agreement〕, etc.
He tore up sheet after sheet of music before producing the happy tune he wanted. 他撕掉一篇又一篇的乐谱,最后才写出他想要的合适的曲子。
I believe the unions intend to tear up the agreement with the government. 我认为工会想要撕毁同政府签订的协议。
Yuan Shikai openly tore up the constitution. 袁世凯公开撕毁了宪法。
挖开(地面等)remove the surface of
They are tearing up the street to repair a sewer. 他们正挖开马路修下水道。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
The tree was torn up by the strong wind. 树被大风拔了起来。
- 撕成碎片destroy by tearing; cancel a contract〔an agreement〕, etc.
- break into tears 突然哭起来
- bring tears to one's eyes 使人掉泪
- brush the tears away 挥泪
- burst into tears 忽然哭起来
- call for tears 使流出眼泪
- conceal one's tears 隐藏泪痕
- control one's tears 极力忍住眼泪
- draw tears 流泪
- drop tears 掉眼泪
- dry one's tears 擦干眼泪
- fill with tears 充满泪水
- give way to tears 忍不住哭起来
- move sb to tears 使某人感动得流下了眼泪
- wipe one's tears away 把眼泪擦去
- a few tears 几滴眼泪
- bitter tears 辛酸的眼泪
- pearly tears 晶莹的泪珠
- regretful tears 悔恨的泪
- sad tears 伤心的泪
- squeezed tears 硬挤出的眼泪
- sympathetic tears 同情的眼泪
- warm tears 热泪
- crocodile's tears 鳄鱼的眼泪,假慈悲
- tear a box 撕盒子
- tear a button 扯下一粒扣子
- tear a letter 撕信
- tear a newspaper 撕报纸
- tear a page 撕去一页
- tear a sheet 撕一张纸
- tear an argument 驳论点
- tear material 扯料子
- tear appropriately 适当地撕扯
- tear badly 撕得粉碎
- tear ceaselessly 不断地撕扯
- tear completely 彻底地撕扯
- tear conveniently 简单地分裂
- tear customarily 常规分裂
- tear dreadfully 可怕地撕扯
- tear easily 容易扯破
- tear equally 平均分裂
- tear evenly 平均分裂
- tear extensively 广泛刮伤
- tear fiercely 残忍地撕扯
- tear formally 正式分裂
- tear gently 轻轻地撕扯
- tear gradually 渐渐地撕扯
- tear grudgingly 勉强撕扯
- tear horizontally 水平地分裂
- tear hurriedly 匆忙地撕扯
- tear impatiently 急不可耐地撕扯
- tear ingeniously 巧妙地撕扯
- tear instinctively 本能地撕扯
- tear irregularly 不规则地撕扯
- tear originally 最初分裂
- tear partially 部分撕扯
- tear powerfully 强有力地撕扯
- tear professionally 熟练地撕扯
- tear rudely 猛然撕扯
- tear ruthlessly 无情地撕扯
- tear skillfully 技术高超地撕扯
- tear studiously 小心撕扯
- tear triumphantly 得意洋洋地撕扯
- tear uncomfortably 不自在地撕扯
- tear unexpectedly 意外地撕扯
- tear unmercifully 恶狠狠地撕扯
- tear viciously 恶意地撕扯
- tear wantonly 肆意撕扯
- tear wisely 明智地撕扯
- tear the curtain aside 拉开窗帘
- tear oneself away 使人恋恋不舍
- tear down a notice 撕下布告
- tear off a leaf 撕下一页
- tear off clothes 扯掉衣服
- tear up a weed 把野草拔起来
- tear at the wrapping of the parcel 用力撕开包裹的包装纸
- tear in half 撕成两半
- tear into opponent 猛烈抨击对手
- tear into tiny pieces 撕得粉碎
- tear a button off the coat 从上衣上扯下一粒扣子
- tear out of the book 从书里撕下
- centre tear 中心裂口
He must not flote upon his watry bear..With-out the meed of som melodious tear.出自：Milton
His pants were patched, never mind the tear in the seat.出自：A. Brink
The hogs..scuffled over the snake, tore it apart.出自：J. Agee
He had torn the letter into small bits.出自：Sloan Wilson
The fumes were still so strong our eyes teared.出自：Jayne Phillips
- in tears意为“流着泪”。
- Tears come to eyes.
- Tears come into eyes.
- tear, rip
这两个词均可表示“撕裂”。其区别在于：tear意为撕成碎片,留有粗糙的边缘; rip意为用力撕扯,通常指在连接处撕扯。例如:He ripped the envelope open.他把信封撕开。
- tear, split
这两个词都有“撕裂”的意思。其区别在于:tear多指外力作用下的撕裂; split既可指外力作用下的撕裂、分裂,也可指物体内部自动地分裂、裂开。例如:Split the pineapple before peeling it.先把菠萝切开,然后削皮。The furniture split open in the sunshine.家具在阳光下晒裂了。
- He tore the photograph to pieces.
- He tore the photograph in pieces.
- He tore the photograph into pieces.
- He tore the May 2 page from his diary.
- He tore the May 2 page out of his diary.
- tear, hole
误 They poor girl burst into tear when she heard the bad news.
正 They poor girl burst into tears when she heard the bad news.
误 I tore a letter to my family while waiting in the airport lounge.
正 I tore off a letter to my family while waiting in the airport lounge.
析 tear off表示“匆匆地做”,副词off不可省略。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的ater，意为眼中的水。
- TEAR:TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) Emulation At Receiver传输控制协议(传输控制协议)仿真在接收机
- TEAR:Trends in Enterprise Architecture Research (workshop)在企业结构的研究趋势(车间)
- TEAR:To Accept the reality, Experience the pain, Adjust, and Reinvest (J. William Worden's Four Tasks of Mourning)接受现实,经历痛苦、调整、投资(J)。威廉的危险的四项任务的哀悼。)
- tear:tear n. 破处, 破缝, 泪滴, 眼泪, 扯, 飞奔, 激怒vi. 流泪, 撕破, 猛冲, 飞奔, 被撕破vt. 扯, 撕, 撕破, 戳破, 拉掉, 折磨, 使分裂, 撕掉 英英解释:名词tea…