become taut or tauter;
"Your muscles will firm when you exercise regularly"
"the rope tautened"
make taut or tauter;
"tauten a rope"
- When I grin, the stitches tauten.
- She had cosmetic surgery to tauten her drooping breasts.
- A type of lacquer formerly used to protect,waterproof,and tauten the cloth surfaces of airplane wings.
- A type of lacquer formerly used to protect, waterproof, and tauten the cloth surfaces of airplane wings.
- Here there is a simple gravel surface with inexpensive pieces of concrete painted blue and set in it so as to tauten the surface and make it as visually strong as the vertical surrounding elements.
- to tauten a rope
His faded shirt..tautened by the forward drag of his arms.出自： C. Morgan