- required or under orders;
"I'm supposed to be there at ten"
"he was supposed to go to the store"
- mistakenly believed;
"the supposed existence of ghosts"
- doubtful or suspect;
"these so-called experts are no help"
- based primarily on surmise rather than adequate evidence;
"theories about the extinction of dinosaurs are still highly conjectural"
"the supposed reason for his absence"
"suppositious reconstructions of dead languages"
- The supposed beggar was really a police officer in disguise.
- His supposed illness was mere laziness.
- This is the opinion of the supposed experts.
- We are supposed to dress up as movie characters for the party, what a novel idea!
- supposed:supposed adj. 假定的, 假像的 英英解释:动词suppose:1. express a supposition同义词：suppose, say2. expect, believe, or…