fully apprehended as to purport or meaning or explanation;
"the understood conditions of troop withdrawal were clear"
implied by or inferred from actions or statements;
"gave silent consent"
"a tacit agreement"
"the understood provisos of a custody agreement"
- I cannot make myself understood in English.
- You will enjoy stories all the more for having understood the characters in them.
- I had a lot of trouble making myself understood among the foreigners.
- I understood the tenor of their conversation but not the details.
- The report was so descriptive that I understood exactly.
- Their hardness was understood by the teacher.
- The puppy was fawning on its master as if it understood what he suffered.
- I understood the tenor of his speech but not the details.