- vt. 乞求 beg
- vt. & vi. 控告 bring a claim in law against sb
French writer whose novels described the sordid side of city life (1804-1857)
institute legal proceedings against; file a suit against;
"He was warned that the district attorney would process him"
"She actioned the company for discrimination"
- If you don't complete the work, I will sue you for damages.
- Lucy is going to sue Antony for breach of promise.
- They feel very angry because Cathy is going to sue Tony.
- She decided to sue her employer for wrongful dismissal.
- You can sue to the committee for permission.
- The rebels were forced to sue for peace.
- It includes the right to sue in federal court.
- She threatened to sue.
- He let it be known that he would sue if these allegations were published.
- If you don't pay the money,I'll sue you.
- I'll sue the railway company because my trunk is damaged.
- If you spoil his property you may be sued.
- sue for (v.+prep.)
〈正〉请求(和平〔离婚〕等) ask formally for (peace, divorce, etc.)
sue sb for sth/v-ing
She sued him for a large sum of money.
He is suing the company for damages.
They sued the movers for ruining the furniture.
He was sued for the debt.
He was sued for breach of contract.
他因不履行合同而受到控告。sue for sth
His wife sued for a divorce.
The other side realized they are beaten, and are suing for peace.
- sue irrationally 无理地控告
- sue legally 合法地控告
- sue logically 合理地控告
- sue ruthlessly 无情地控告
- sue vindictively 报复性地控告
- sue out 向法院请求并得到赦免〔赔偿〕等
- sue out a pardon for an offender 为罪犯求得赦免
A party detained without any warrant must sue out his habeas corpus at common law.出自： H. Hallam
- sue既可用作不及物动词,也可用作及物动词。用作及物动词时,接名词或代词作宾语; 用作不及物动词时,常与介词for连用。