- [U]失败,不成功 lack of success; act of failing
- [C]失败的人〔事〕 a person or thing that fails
- [U][C]未执行,未实现,未运转 the non-performance or non-production of sth
- [C][U]无法继续经营,倒闭 inability of a business to continue, especially through lack of money
an act that fails;
"his failure to pass the test"
an event that does not accomplish its intended purpose;
"the surprise party was a complete failure"
lack of success;
"he felt that his entire life had been a failure"
"that year there was a crop failure"
a person with a record of failing; someone who loses consistently
an unexpected omission;
"he resented my failure to return his call"
"the mechanic's failure to check the brakes"
inability to discharge all your debts as they come due;
"the company had to declare bankruptcy"
"fraudulent loans led to the failure of many banks"
loss of ability to function normally;
- I shall have another chance in the event of failure.
- The play was a dead failure.
- I was a failure in my own eyes.
- In a word, his failure in the final exam did not surprise me.
- His failure stems from his carelessness.
- We must try to cope with our own failure.
- Policy failure is common in market economy.
- He gloated over his brother's failure to win the prize.
- His car was taken back because of failure to meet payments.
- Failure teaches success.
- As a writer, he was a complete failure.
- Their failure to reach an agreement brought the two countries to the brink of war.
- The failure of the bank caused a panic in the town.
- learn through failure 从失败中学习
On the failure of issue..an adopted son succeeds.出自： M. Elphinstone
- bankruptcy 破产
- breakdown 崩溃
- disappointment 失望
- fiasco 惨败
- crash 撞击
- collapse （使）倒塌
- letdown 失望
- catastrophe 大灾难
- bomb 炸弹
- stoppage 罢工
- malfunction 故障
- seizure 夺取
- closure 关闭
- insolvency 无力偿还
- ruin 毁灭
- fizzle 发嘶嘶声
- delinquency （少年）犯罪...
- misadventure 不幸
- downfall 垮台
- defection 背叛
- nonstarter 弃权出赛的马...
- loser 失败者
- success 成功