- [U]失败,不成功 lack of success; act of failing
- [C]失败的人〔事〕 a person or thing that fails
- [U][C]未执行,未实现,未运转 the non-performance or non-production of sth
- [C][U]无法继续经营,倒闭 inability of a business to continue, especially through lack of money
- an act that fails;
"his failure to pass the test"
- an event that does not accomplish its intended purpose;
"the surprise party was a complete failure"
- lack of success;
"he felt that his entire life had been a failure"
"that year there was a crop failure"
- a person with a record of failing; someone who loses consistently
- an unexpected omission;
"he resented my failure to return his call"
"the mechanic's failure to check the brakes"
- inability to discharge all your debts as they come due;
"the company had to declare bankruptcy"
"fraudulent loans led to the failure of many banks"
- loss of ability to function normally;
- I shall have another chance in the event of failure.
- The play was a dead failure.
- I was a failure in my own eyes.
- In a word, his failure in the final exam did not surprise me.
- His failure stems from his carelessness.
- We must try to cope with our own failure.
- He gloated over his brother's failure to win the prize.
- His car was taken back because of failure to meet payments.
Failure teaches success.
As a writer, he was a complete failure.
Their failure to reach an agreement brought the two countries to the brink of war.
The failure of the bank caused a panic in the town.
- learn through failure 从失败中学习
On the failure of issue..an adopted son succeeds.出自：M. Elphinstone
- failure:failure n. 失败, 失败者, 缺乏, 失灵, 故障, 破产, 疏忽, 不及格习惯用语end in failure (=meet with failure) 终归失败foredoomed to…