- 成功的,如愿以偿的,达到目的的 having done what one has tried to do
- 出人头地的,飞黄腾达的 having gained a high position in life, one's job, etc.
- having succeeded or being marked by a favorable outcome;
"a successful architect"
"a successful business venture"
- She made a successful debut.
- He aims to be a successful writer.
- They are highly successful in business.
- We are confident of a successful outcome.
- The meeting came to a successful conclusion.
The prime minister staked his reputation on a successful outcome to the arms talks.
Her successful jump brought a spontaneous cheer from the crowd.
She is a successful businesswoman.
They're advertising luxury apartments ideal for the successful young executive.
The meeting was successful.
I'm afraid my attempt to make a cake wasn't very successful.
I know he's successful but he's nothing to what he could have been.
He was successful from his very first attempt.
He was successful in his studies.
He was successful in his efforts.
He was remarkably successful in business.
Were you successful in finding a new house?
He was especially successful with the sheep.
That method of treatment was not successful with the patient.
- prove successful 取得成功
- be successful, prove successful
这两个短语都可表示“成功”。其区别是：be successful常以人为主语; prove successful常以事为主语。例如:We were remarkably successful in the experiment.我们的实验大为成功。The plan did not prove successful.这计划没有成功。
误 Were you successful to persuade him to change his mind?
正 Were you successful in persuading him to change his mind?
析 be successful in v- ing是固定短语,不可改为be successful to- v 结构。
- successful:successful adj. 成功的 英英解释:形容词successful:1. having succeeded or being marked by a favorable outcome 习惯…