- 成功的,如愿以偿的,达到目的的 having done what one has tried to do
- 出人头地的,飞黄腾达的 having gained a high position in life, one's job, etc.
having succeeded or being marked by a favorable outcome;
"a successful architect"
"a successful business venture"
- She made a successful debut.
- He aims to be a successful writer.
- They are highly successful in business.
- We are confident of a successful outcome.
- The meeting came to a successful conclusion.
- The operation was completely successful.
- The prime minister staked his reputation on a successful outcome to the arms talks.
- Her successful jump brought a spontaneous cheer from the crowd.
- She is a successful businesswoman.
- They're advertising luxury apartments ideal for the successful young executive.
- The meeting was successful.
- I'm afraid my attempt to make a cake wasn't very successful.
- I know he's successful but he's nothing to what he could have been.
- He was successful from his very first attempt.
- He was successful in his studies.
- He was successful in his efforts.
- He was remarkably successful in business.
- Were you successful in finding a new house?
- He was especially successful with the sheep.
- That method of treatment was not successful with the patient.
- prove successful 取得成功
- be successful, prove successful
- be successful常以人为主语; prove successful常以事为主语。例如:
- We were remarkably successful in the experiment.我们的实验大为成功。
- The plan did not prove successful.这计划没有成功。
误 Were you successful to persuade him to change his mind?
正 Were you successful in persuading him to change his mind?
析 be successful in v- ing是固定短语,不可改为be successful to- v 结构。