to a great extent or degree;
"I'm afraid the film was well over budget"
"painting the room white made it seem considerably (or substantially) larger"
"the house has fallen considerably in value"
"the price went up substantially"
in a strong substantial way;
"the house was substantially built"
- His criticism is substantially correct.
- Substantially the film is true to history.
- His opinion accords substantially with mine.
- They contributed substantially to our success.
- The deer population has increased substantially in recent years.
It has maintained its own institutions..substantially unchanged.出自： W. D. Whitney