- n. 瓶塞；阻塞物；阻拦牌（游戏）；使某事停止之人或物
- vt. 用塞子塞住
an act so striking or impressive that the show must be delayed until the audience quiets down
a remark to which there is no polite conversational reply
(bridge) a playing card with a value sufficiently high to insure taking a trick in a particular suit;
"if my partner has a spade stopper I can bid no trump"
blockage consisting of an object designed to fill a hole tightly
close or secure with or as if with a stopper;
"She stoppered the wine bottle"
"The mothers stoppered their babies' mouths with pacifiers"
- The stopper may blow out.
- The stopper is too tight that it can't be withdrawn.
- That has put a stopper on the rumour.
- Religious faith is a conversation stopper.
- I have never been a stopper to you and will never be.
- plastic stopper 塑料塞
- anchor stopper 锚制动器
- cable stopper 锚链制动器
- bin stopper 料仓闸门
- parasitic stopper 寄生振荡抑制器...
- chain stopper 锚链制动器
- stone stopper 除石块机
- cotton stopper 棉絮塞
- ground stopper 毛玻璃塞,玻璃磨塞...
- channel stopper 沟道截断环
- rubber stopper 橡胶塞
- fix stopper 固定挡销
- stopper circuit 带除滤波器
- cork stopper 软木塞
- bulb stopper 球塞
- ladle stopper 钢包塞棒
- put the stopper on 使停止
- show-stopper 被长时间的掌声所打断...
- put the stoppers on 使停止
- put a stopper on 使 ... 停止(...
A large hip-flask..with a round stopper.出自： D. Profumo