someone unpleasantly strange or eccentric
a mental representation of some haunting experience;
"he looked like he had seen a ghost"
"it aroused specters from his past"
frighten or scare, and often provoke into a violent action;
"The noise spooked the horse"
- Are you afraid of spooks?
- I just learned that my father had been a spook for years.
- Something in the bushes spooked her horse.
- Someone like you won't spook me.
- The drop, say analysts, was enough to spook an already nervous market.
- I can spook a letter for you, if necessary.
The ghost of the highwayman..spooks Flora with regular visitations.出自：Publishers Weekly