select something or someone for a specific purpose;
"The teacher assigned him to lead his classmates in the exercise"
set apart from others;
"The dentist sequesters the tooth he is working on"
- At that time we were never apart.
- She lives apart from her family.
- The teacher could not tell the twins apart.
- Linda likes being in red to set herself apart from the other girls.
- Speculators are usually portrayed as a class apart from the rest of humanity.
- But what really sets them apart are the musk glands under their tails.
- set apart 分开