- vi. (液体)沸腾 (of a liquid) move about as if boiling
- vi. 激动，大怒 be very excited or angry
be noisy with activity;
"This office is buzzing with activity"
be in an agitated emotional state;
"The customer was seething with anger"
foam as if boiling;
"a seething liquid"
"The liquid was seething"
"The water rolled"
- Resentment and rage seethe within him.
- She was seething with rage at his remarks.
- The waves seethed around the rocks.
- He seethed with rage as the train left without him.
The river..seethed in frothy streaks.出自： J. Conrad
Never..leave cabbage to seethe for long.出自：Country Living
- seethe, boil, simmer, stew
- 2.seethe 多指海水翻滚,用于情绪,指受到剧烈的刺激,致使激昂万分而无法抑制。例如:
- The sea was seething around the rocks.海水在岩石周围翻滚。
- She was seething with joy.她喜形于色。
- Bring the mixture to the boil, then simmered for five minutes.把混合剂煮沸,然后再用火煮五分钟。
- I was simmering with indignation.我满腔愤怒。
- Leave the vegetables and fish to stew gently.把蔬菜和鱼用文火煮着。