- vt. 使合理化；合理地说明；[数]给…消根
defend, explain, clear away, or make excuses for by reasoning;
"rationalize the child's seemingly crazy behavior"
"he rationalized his lack of success"
weed out unwanted or unnecessary things;
"We had to lose weight, so we cut the sugar from our diet"
structure and run according to rational or scientific principles in order to achieve desired results;
"We rationalized the factory's production and raised profits"
think rationally; employ logic or reason;
"When one wonders why one is doing certain things, one should rationalize"
remove irrational quantities from;
"This function can be rationalized"
- They attempted to rationalize the new working method.
- We need to rationalize work processes and cut costs.
- The rail company is trying to rationalize its freight service.
- I can't rationalize my absurd fear of insects.
- She rationalized her decision to abandon her baby by saying she could not afford to keep it.
- The first step is to rationalize the denominator of a fraction.