- [C]松树 a tall tree with thin sharp leaves
- [U]松木 the white or yellowish soft wood of this tree
- vi. 消瘦,憔悴 waste away through sorrow or illness
- vi. 渴望 have a strong desire
a coniferous tree
straight-grained durable and often resinous white to yellowish timber of any of numerous trees of the genus Pinus
have a desire for something or someone who is not present;
"She ached for a cigarette"
"I am pining for my lover"
- The pine trees defy severe cold.
- It's a noted place for its pine tree and springs.
- There is a pine forest near our house.
- Pine is a soft wood and teak is a hard wood.
- He pined away after his daughter died.
- Alone,a lonely stranger in a foreign land,I pine for kinsfolk doubly on a holiday.
- He began to pine for the sight of his sweet partner's face.
- There're five pines.
- The pine is very old.
- There is an old pine tree in front of the house.
- This is a pine table.
- He pined and became melancholy.
- She certainly hasn't been pining while you were away!
- She is pining to travel abroad.
- They are pining to return home soon.
- The mother was pining to see her son.
- pine away (v.+adv.)
消瘦; 憔悴; 衰弱 waste away; grow thin and weak through unhappiness
Abandoned by her lover, she pined away .
She lost interest in living and just pined away .
After so much heartbreak she just pined away .
For a year after her boyfriend left her,Grace missed him so badly that she almost pined away to nothing.
- pine for (v.+prep.)
因渴望得到…而瘦弱〔憔悴〕 grow weak and unhappy with a desire for (sth/sb)
pine for sb/sth
She sat in the house day after day, pining for her lover.
The boy pined for nothing else but a toy horse.
They are pining for home.
They still pined for their lost wealth.
He had been pining for a moment like this.
It was no good pining for what we have not got; we must make the most of what we have.
- pine over (v.+prep.)
因…而瘦弱〔憔悴,不愉快〕 grow weak and unhappy on account of sth
pine over sth
The boy has been pining over his dead dog for more than a week now.
- pine table 松木桌子
- pine ceaselessly 不断地消瘦
- pine incessantly 持续不断地消瘦
- pine miserably 令人难受地憔悴
- pine secretly 暗地里羡慕
- pine away 消瘦,憔悴
You must get a place, or pine in penury.出自： S. Johnson
- pine, long, yearn
- 1.pine暗示苦苦思念不可能得到的事物; long暗示有强烈的愿望并付诸努力; yearn则暗示不安地或痛苦地渴望做到某事或得到某物。
- My brother yearned to return to his native land.我哥哥渴望回故乡。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的pin；最初源自拉丁语的pinus，意为松树。
- yearn 渴望
- crave 渴望
- hunger 饥饿
- long for 渴望
- want 要
- ache 痛
- languish 衰弱无力
- eat your heart out 极为悲伤(由于悲伤而憔悴...
- fade away 逐渐消失
- grieve 使伤心
- long 长的
- mope 抑郁不乐
- pine away 消瘦
- suffer 遭受
- waste away 日益消瘦
- wish for 希望得到
- yearn for 渴望
- desire 渴望
- desiderate 渴望
- covet 觊觎
- thirst 渴望
- ache for 想念, 渴望
- carry a torch for 对 ... 单恋; 迹恋...
- weaken 使 ... 弱，削弱...
- wane 衰落
- ebb 退潮
- fail 失败
- flag 旗
- droop 低垂
- waste 废物
- yen 日元
- pine tree 松树