- n. 急速拍打声；轻快脚步声；行话；顺口溜
- v. 喋喋不休；滴嗒地响；发出急速轻拍声
plausible glib talk (especially useful to a salesperson)
a quick succession of light rapid sounds;
"the patter of mice"
"the patter of tiny feet"
"It has only sprinkled, but the roads are slick"
make light, rapid and repeated sounds;
"gently pattering rain"
- As I ponder that image, we are startled by a thumping patter behind us.
- He heard the patter of Libby's feet approach the phone.
- You have to learn to resist the sales patter.
- Alice, being as innocent as a new-born baby, didn't understand half of the comedian's patter.
- Raindrops are starting to patter.
- The falling leaves pattered against the windowpanes.
Old women..pattering and murmuring their morning prayers.出自： H. Allen
The rain comes pattering out of the sky.出自： W. H. Auden