- adj. 想像的；概念上的；抽象的；名义上的；估计的
not based on fact; unreal;
"the falsehood about some fanciful secret treaties"
"a small child's imaginary friends"
"to create a notional world for oneself"
not based on fact or investigation;
"a notional figure of cost helps in determining production costs"
indulging in or influenced by fancy;
"a fanciful mind"
"all the notional vagaries of childhood"
being of the nature of a notion or concept;
"a plan abstract and conceptional"
"to improve notional comprehension"
"a notional response to the question"
- That's when his notional images flew from his mind.
- This is the businessman is playing notional deceive consumer apparently.
- The notional reason for today's gains is the surge in consumer confidence.
- My calculation is based on notional figures, since the actual figures are not yet available.
All things that exist, exist only in the mind, that is, they are purely notional.出自： G. Berkeley
Thackeray's narrative persona addresses a notional reader.出自：Times Literary Supplement