- 打盹，打瞌睡，睡着， 瞌睡
- 点头表示（同意、了解），点头答应， 点头致意 ，点头示意
- 使 ... 摆动
- news on demand 新闻点播
- vi. & vt. 点头 bend one's head forward and down, especially to show agreement or give a greeting or sign
- vi. 打盹; 打瞌睡 let one's head drop in falling asleep while sitting down
- [S]点头 an act of nodding
a sign of assent or salutation or command
the act of nodding the head
express or signify by nodding;
"He nodded his approval"
lower and raise the head, as to indicate assent or agreement or confirmation;
"The teacher nodded when the student gave the right answer"
let the head fall forward through drowsiness;
"The old man was nodding in his chair"
sway gently back and forth, as in a nodding motion;
"the flowers were nodding in the breeze"
be almost asleep;
"The old man sat nodding by the fireplace"
- She nodded when she passed me in the street.
- He nodded in agreement with me.
- The student began to nod off during math class.
- Trees nod in the wind.
- She greeted us with a nod of the head.
- I hope he'll give the nod to the plan.
- I asked her if she could come and she nodded.
- The president nodded and every one sat down around the table.
- He was nodding.
- She stared at the flowers nodding in the wind.
- The teacher caught her nodding.
- Homer sometimes nods.
- He nodded to show that he understood.
- She nodded her head when she passed me in the street.
- Father quietly nodded his consent.
- The teacher nodded approval.
- They nodded their farewell.
- They all nodded a final good-night.
- I nod her a welcome.
- He nodded a welcome to Mary.
- The judges gave the nod to the winning challenger.
- She gave me a nod as she passed.
- From time to time, she gave him an encouraging nod.
- Mark approves with a nod.
- nod at〔to〕 (v.+prep.)
向…点头bow the head slightly and quickly (as a sign of agreement or as a familiar greeting) to
nod at〔to〕 sb/sth
He nodded at us.
I nodded at him in greeting.
He nodded at me as he passed.
She took a pull at the bottle then nodded to me.
He nodded to me in a friendly way.
She nodded to me with a smile.
She nodded to us from across the room.
He nodded to me in greeting when I went into the room.
“Ask him,”said Mary, nodding to John.
He nodded to me to leave the room.
- nod back (v.+adv.)
以点头(方式)示意(某人)回去bow the head slightly as a sign of agreement back
nod sb ⇔ back
The teacher nodded me back.
- nod into (v.+prep.)
以点头(方式)示意(某人)进入bow the head slightly as a sign of agreement into
nod sb into sth
The boss nodded me into his office.
- nod off (v.+adv.)
〈非正〉打盹fall asleep accidentally
I hope the teacher didn't notice that I nodded off in the class.
He nodded off during the meeting and didn't hear what was said.
I often nod off for a little after lunch.
He nodded off while she was speaking to him.
- a nod's as good as a wink
不用多说 used to show that the speaker understands a situation without needing a full explanation
- on the nod
无人反对地 by general agreement and without being talked about
- nod a final good-night 最后都点头互祝晚安
- nod approval 点头表示赞成之意
- nod one's agreement 点头表示同意
- nod one's consent 点头同意
- nod one's farewell 点头告别
- nod one's head 点头
- nod sb a welcome 向某人点头表示欢迎
- nod affirmatively 肯定地点头
- nod approvingly 赞同地点头
- nod ardently 热情地点头
- nod arrogantly 傲慢地点头
- nod benignly 吉祥地点头
- nod blandly 温和地点头
- nod childishly 幼稚地点头
- nod cleverly 聪明地点头
- nod complacently 自鸣得意地点头
- nod consequently 不断地点头
- nod consistently 一致地点头
- nod cordially 真心诚意地点头
- nod courteously 谦恭地点头
- nod delightfully 高兴地点头
- nod dreamily 恍惚地点头
- nod eagerly 热切地点头
- nod energetically 精力旺盛地点头
- nod enthusiastically 热情地点头
- nod foolishly 愚蠢地点头
- nod generously 慷慨地点头
- nod gladly 欣然点头
- nod gratefully 由衷地点头
- nod hurriedly 急切地点头
- nod incessantly 不断地点头
- nod industriously 殷勤地点头
- nod intentionally 有目的地点头
- nod interestingly 有趣地点头
- nod involuntarily 不由自主地点头
- nod kindly 和蔼地点头
- nod listlessly 无精打采地点头
- nod mechanically 习惯性地点头
- nod moderately 温和地点头
- nod mysteriously 神秘地点头
- nod particularly 特别点头
- nod politely 彬彬有礼地点头
- nod positively 肯定地点头
- nod reassuringly 令人安心地点头
- nod reluctantly 不情愿地点头
- nod rhythmically 有节奏地点头
- nod sagely 明智地点头
- nod satisfactorily 满意地点头
- nod sheepishly 胆怯地点头
- nod sincerely 诚恳地点头
- nod skeptically 心存怀疑地点头
- nod slowly 慢慢地点头
- nod solemnly 庄严点头
- nod speciously 特别地点头
- nod tactfully 巧妙地点头
- nod tastefully 趣味高雅地点头
- nod ultimately 最终点头
- nod unaccountably 莫名其妙地点头
- nod unconsciously 不知不觉地点头
- nod unexpectedly 意外地点头
- nod unflaggingly 悄悄地点头
- nod unnaturally 不自然地点头
- nod vehemently 激烈地点头
- nod off 打盹,睡着
- nod at 向…点头
- nod at sb with a smile 微笑着向某人点头打招呼
- nod sb into room 点头示意要某人走进房间
- nod over one's reading 看书时打瞌睡
- nod over work 工作时打盹
- nod to sb 对某人点头
- with a nod 点头
This assumption seemed to be confirmed..by a little nod from the Doctor.出自： G. Santayana
Mr. Parker passed the table with a slight nod of his head.出自： E. Templeton
At a nod from the head waiter, he..removed the half-finished bottle.出自： A. Brookner
She peeped through the door and nodded to the boy.出自： W. Cather
Two other women..nodded wisely, agreeing with the observation.出自： W. Trevor
'Are you alone?' she asked. He nodded.出自： R. P. Jhabvala
The nurse nodded at a chair..to one side of the bed.出自： R. Thomas
误 She nodded a welcome for him.
正 She nodded him a welcome.
正 She nodded a welcome to him.
误 He answered with nods.
正 He answered with a nod.
析 nod用作名词时一般用单数,多与with a连用,表示伴随状态。
- ☆ 14世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古高地德语的hnoton，意为摇动。