continue to live through hardship or adversity;
"We went without water and food for 3 days"
"These superstitions survive in the backwaters of America"
"The race car driver lived through several very serious accidents"
"how long can a person last without food and water?"
- I had to live on bread and water when I was a student.
- People have to live on something more nourishing than hope.
- The Irish used to live on a diet of potatoes.
- This custom will live on for centuries.
- He will die, but his fame will live on after him.