make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret;
"The auction house would not disclose the price at which the van Gogh had sold"
"The actress won't reveal how old she is"
"bring out the truth"
"he broke the news to her"
"unwrap the evidence in the murder case"
- He confessed to cheating on the exam.
- I confess you are right on one point.
- He gave us the assurance that he wouldn't let out the secret.
- Let's make out that we know nothing about it.
- Let's play going to work by train.