- [C][U]刀 sharp blade with a handle, used for cutting or as a weapon or cutting blade in a machine or tool
- vt. 切割,刺 cut or stab with a knife
- edge tool used as a cutting instrument; has a pointed blade with a sharp edge and a handle
- a weapon with a handle and blade with a sharp point
- any long thin projection that is transient;
"tongues of flame licked at the walls"
"rifles exploded quick knives of fire into the dark"
- use a knife on;
"The victim was knifed to death"
- He cleaved an apple with a knife.
- His cheek was badly scarred by a knife cut.
- The victim had been knifed in the chest.
He immersed the knife in boiling water.
Blade and handle are the component parts of a knife.
The knife is dull.
Is this knife sharp or dull?
The knife is so dull that it will not cut.
He is awkward with a knife and fork.
Put your knife and fork down on the plate if you've finished eating.
He carved the meat with a large knife.
He'd been stabbed four times with a kitchen knife.
This is the identical knife with which the murder was committed.
The jewel thief killed one of the policemen with a knife.
He picked up the knife and stabbed her.
I need a knife to spread butter on the bread.
The criminal knifed his victim in a rage.
The thief knifed his chaser.
A terrible pain knifed his body.
The victim has been knifed.
During the fight he was knifed in the stomach.
- have〔get〕 one's knife in〔into〕 sb
跟某人过不去,敌视某人 continue to treat sb as an enemy
Be careful with George; he wants to get his knife in you. 你得提防乔治,他想报复你。
She has had her knife into the neighbours after the argument about the new fence. 为新栅栏的事争论后,她对邻居有了敌意。
- 跟某人过不去,敌视某人 continue to treat sb as an enemy
- like a knife through butter
容易,遇不到抵抗或困难 easily; without meeting any resistance or difficulty
The power saw sliced the logs like a knife through butter. 电锯轻而易举地就把原木锯成薄板了。
His strong voice cut through the hum of conversation like a knife through butter. 他那洪亮有力的声音一下子就压倒了嗡嗡的谈话声。
- 容易,遇不到抵抗或困难 easily; without meeting any resistance or difficulty
- you could cut it with a knife
很明显,很突出,浓重 it was very obvious or heavy
His accent is so thick you could cut it with a knife— I can hardly understand a word he says. 他的口音很重——我简直一个字都听不懂。
- 很明显,很突出,浓重 it was very obvious or heavy
- knife through( v.+prep. )
穿过 go through sth knife through sth
The cruiser knifed through the heavy sea.巡洋舰穿过汹涌的大海。
A new highway knifes through the jungle.一条新公路穿越森林。
- 穿过 go through sth knife through sth
- draw a knife 抽出一把刀
- open one's knife 把折刀打开
- play knife and fork 饱餐一顿
- pull a knife 拔刀
- put a knife into 用刀刺某人
- knife rest 刀架
He ate a little of the lean..; then he..laid down his knife and fork.出自：Arnold Bennett
I was skinned by the icy knives of the wind.出自：Observer
I would have thought no more of knifing him than of smoking this cigar.出自：Conan Doyle
Rape..is violence, just as much as being knifed.出自：S. Kitzinger
- ☆ 直接源自古的英语cnif，意为刀。