- 使烦恼， 感到不高兴
- vt. 使受伤; 伤害 cause bodily injury or pain to; damage
- vi. 疼痛 produce a feeling of pain
- vt. & vi. 对…有害; 对…有不良影响 come to harm; have a bad effect on
- [U]精神上的痛苦或创伤 mental pain or suffering
- [C]肉体上的伤害或痛苦 physical injury or pain
any physical damage to the body caused by violence or accident or fracture etc.
"the death of his wife caused him great distress"
feelings of mental or physical pain
a damage or loss
the act of damaging something or someone
suffering from physical injury especially that suffered in battle;
"nursing his wounded arm"
"ambulances...for the hurt men and women"
damaged inanimate objects or their value
be the source of pain
give trouble or pain to;
"This exercise will hurt your back"
cause emotional anguish or make miserable;
"It pains me to see my children not being taught well in school"
cause damage or affect negatively;
"Our business was hurt by the new competition"
hurt the feelings of;
"She hurt me when she did not include me among her guests"
"This remark really bruised my ego"
feel physical pain;
"Were you hurting after the accident?"
feel pain or be in pain
- The rumors hurt his reputation badly.
- She hurt my feelings.
- I do not want to hurt anybody and be hurted by anybody.
- It hurts when I try to move my leg.
- It won't hurt to postpone the meeting for a few more days.
- The experience left me with a feeling of deep hurt.
- Did he suffer any hurt?
- It was a real hurt to her vanity.
- My feet hurt when I walk.
- My right arm hurts.It hurts right here.
- Nothing hurts more than toothache.
- Her hand hurt from lugging the suitcase.
- My stomach hurts because I have eaten too many apples.
- He was certainly hurting, but how badly it was impossible to guess.
- The criticism touched me where it hurt.
- We must hit the aggressors where they will hurt most.
- It keeps hurting whenever you remember it.
- So when we hurt, we go to find help.
- It won't hurt to postpone the matter for a few days.
- The rain may hold off but it won't hurt to take your umbrella.
- It won't hurt to stay home another week.
- She hurt her back when she fell down.
- He fell out of a tree and hurt his arm.
- He hurt his leg while playing football.
- The shoes are too small.They hurt my feet.
- The wound still hurts the patient.
- The driver hurt himself badly in the accident.
- He was a soft-hearted man. He wouldn't hurt an ant.
- They do no harm to anyone; it's wrong to hurt them.
- I hope I haven't hurt you.
- I didn't hurt your pride on purpose.
- Your sharp words hurt me greatly.
- Another glass won't hurt you.
- I am sure smoking hurts you.
- The higher prices have not hurt sales.
- The drought hurt the crops this year.
- Dirty oil can hurt a car's engine.
- His internal organs were hurt.
- He was hurt by a falling brick.
- He was hurt in a traffic accident.
- The two cars collided, but luckily no one was seriously hurt.
- He was more frightened than hurt.
- I was very much hurt at his behaviour.
- I tried to talk him out of the idea of a Fireball, but he was very hurt and said that he was a real sailor now.
- She was a bit hurt that we had left in such a hurry.
- He was rather hurt by their criticisms.
- I was deeply hurt by the way she just ignored me.
- The submarine was hurt by heavy depth charges.
- The story is hurt by many long descriptive passages.
- A lot of companies will be hurt by these new tax laws.
- Lisbon's foreign earnings have been badly hurt by the drastic drop in tourism.
- She was hurt to find that no one admired her performance.
- He was hurt to find that few had voted for him.
- It hurts me to think I should have failed him when he needed my help.
- It hurts me to learn that my daughter had failed in the entrance examination.
- It hurts eyes to read in the sun.
- It won't hurt you to miss breakfast for once.
- It won't hurt your car to leave it in the rain.
- No one suffered any hurt in the accident.
- This lotion will make the hurt go away.
- I told him it might help to ease his hurts.
- It will do you no hurt to eat this one little cake.
- You are prone to get hurt if you're not careful.
- Her sympathy eased his hurt.
- He never got over his hurt at being rejected.
- The experience left me with a feeling of deep hurt.
- It was a severe hurt to her pride.
- hurt back 伤着背
- hurt eye 伤着眼睛
- hurt feeling 伤感情
- hurt furniture 损坏家具
- hurt leg 伤腿
- hurt sale 影响销售
- hurt sb's initiative 挫伤某人的积极性
- hurt sb's interests 损害某人的利益
- hurt sb's prestige 损害某人的威信
- hurt sb's reputation 毁坏某人的名誉
- hurt work 损害工作
- hurt acutely 严重地伤害
- hurt awfully 非常难受
- hurt badly 严重地伤害
- hurt deeply 伤害很深
- hurt greatly 严重地伤害
- hurt hideously 令人惊骇地伤害
- hurt incurably 无法治愈地伤害
- hurt permanently 永久地伤害
- hurt seriously 严重地伤害
- hurt slightly 轻微地伤害
- hurt superficially 表面地伤害
- hurt to sb's feelings 对某人感情的伤害
You admire this tower of granite, weathering the hurts of so many ages.出自： R. W. Emerson
Thone hurted the other soo harde thei felle doun.出自： Caxton
The Elizabeth Dorcas..being hurt upon a rock..lost sixty passengers at sea.出自： J. Winthrop
- hurt指身体上的伤害时,其程度可以用 slightly, badly等修饰。但如指精神上的创伤,则常与 very, very much, rather等搭配。
- be hurt表示主语的感觉和情绪时是系表结构,不是被动结构。
- hurt, damage, harm, impair, injure, wound
- 这组词的共同意思是“损害,损伤”。impair表示损伤某人〔物〕而导致削弱、缩小或减少其使用价值,也可指情绪的损伤; damage表示损害了表面,损害了人或物的某个部分或使之完全失掉用途; harm表示人的心理、健康、权力或事业上的损害,程度较轻; hurt多用来表示伤害身体或某一部位,或表示剧烈的疼痛或精神上受到伤害; injure表示身体或精神上各种性质及任何程度的伤害,多表示意外受伤; wound主要指在战斗中武器或凶器等造成的外伤或剧烈的痛苦。
- hurt, offend
- 这组词都有“伤害他人的感情”的意思。它们的区别是:前者多接人作宾语,而后者多接感情(one's feeling)等作宾语。
误 He fell off the table and hurt.
正 He fell off the table and hurt himself.
正 He fell off the table and was hurt.
- ☆ 1200年左右进入英语，直接源自古法语的hurter，意为埋实，击打，相撞；最初源自法兰克语的hurt，意为跑向，冲撞。