- [U]健康(状况) the condition of the body with regard to disease
- [U]健康,卫生 the state of being well in the body and mind, and free from disease
- a healthy state of wellbeing free from disease;
"physicians should be held responsible for the health of their patients"
- the general condition of body and mind;
"his delicate health"
"in poor health"
- Fresh air and exercise are good for the health.
- It is generally believed that health is above wealth.
- Hospital mamagers are urging the government to spend more on health.
They advised me to travel for the benefit of my health.
Consideration of the workers' health must come before my own professional pride.
She fought her way back to health so quickly after the accident that she was soon back at school.
It's generally accepted that smoking causes bad health.
He has been failing in health for the last two months.
In view of the feeble health of the member, the delegation cut him out.
I hear you are going to the northwest.The climate there ought to be good for your health.
She fusses too much about her health; she's always trying some new medicines.
They all seemed very concerned, and your health was asked after.
They were so diligent that we feared for their health.
After he left, he often sends word to ask after our health.
Our teacher is in good health.
Their teacher is in poor health.
Drinking unboiled water is bad for health.
They have done much to improve public health.
His mental health is not good.
There is no health service in the region, but most people carry insurance.
This policy has proved an important contribution towards public health.
Charge your glass and drink to his health.
- not for one's health
为了个人的利益〔目的〕 for one's own profit
He isn't in business for his health. 他是为了挣钱才做生意的。
You're an ambitious man. You're not in politics for your health—that I know. 你野心勃勃,想在政治上混出名堂来——这一点我是知道的。
- 为了个人的利益〔目的〕 for one's own profit
- affect sb's health 影响某人的健康
- damage sb's health 损害某人的健康
- drink health to sb 举杯祝某人健康
- enjoy one's health 享有健康的体质
- guard one's health 保护健康
- improve sb's health 增强某人的健康
- keep one's health 保持健康
- lose one's health 失去健康
- maintain one's health 维护健康
- recover one's health 恢复健康
- bad health 身体不健康
- broken health 体弱多病
- excellent health 身体好
- failing health 日渐衰弱的身体
- feeble health 衰弱的身体
- fine health 体质良好,健康状况良好
- good health 身体好
- ill health 身体不好
- mental health 精神健康
- occupational health 职业卫生
- physical health 身体健康
- poor health 身体不好
- health hazard 健康危害
This..period of alternating health and illness.出自：S. Spender
Dr. Wasing's astonishment..as M and B swept his pneumonia patients to health.出自：J. Gathorne
The revenue from this source is essential for the continuing health of our journal.出自：Community Librarian
- 单用health可以指不健康的状态。例如:Owing to age and health, he has to live in the country.由于年老而体弱,他不得不住在乡下。She is unable to come because of her health.她因身体欠佳不能来了。
- We drank the health of our guests.
- We drank the healths of our guests.
- We drank to the health of our guests.
- We drank a health to our guests.
误 Smoking is not good to your health.
正 Smoking is not good for your health.
误 He is in a poor health, isn't he?
正 He is in poor health, isn't he?
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的hl，意为全部，整体，完整无缺；最初源自原始印欧语的akilo-，意为完全的，未受伤害的，好兆头的。
- health:health n. 健康, 健康状态, 兴旺, 为健康干杯习惯用语bring back to health 恢复健康broken in health 身体搞垮, 体弱多病drink sb.'s hea…