- [C][U]病,疾病 disease; unhealthy state of the body or mind
impairment of normal physiological function affecting part or all of an organism
- His illness diminished his health.
- He will pull through his illness soon.
- Worry and illness had made him prematurely old.
- A mysterious illness is affecting all the animals.
- More than three million people suffer from severe mental illness.
- His illness accounts for his absence.
- His illness added to the family's troubles.
- The woman's illness puzzled the doctor; he couldn't find the cause.
- I hope my teacher will take my recent illness into account when judging my examination.
- He is gaining in weight after his recovery from illness.
- He was internally disturbed to hear of her illness.
- Her savings have been eaten up by illness.
- Her heart was slightly damaged as a result of her long illness.
- She does fuss the children about to making sure they're well wrapped up, and worrying about minor illness.
- The doctor brought Mother through a serious illness.
- I'm afraid he's booked for a long illness.
- Dick believed in fresh air as a cure of illness.
- My grandmother died hard, suffering through a long illness.
- He seems to be developing an illness.
- When he was a child, he had several illnesses.
- The old man's health broken down after a serious illness.
- diplomatic illness
假装生病 feigned illness as an excuse not to do sth
- bear illness 忍受病痛
- bring on illness 得病,染病
- combat illness 与疾病作斗争
- contract illness 染病
- cope with illness 与病魔作斗争
- cure illness 治愈疾病
- diagnose illness 诊断疾病
- drive away illness 战胜疾病
- exaggerate illness 夸大病情
- feign illness 装病
- get over illness 战胜疾病
- guard against illness 预防疾病
- perish from illness 因病死去
- pretend illness 装病
- recover from illness 康复
- sham illness 装病
- suffer from illness 患病
- survive illness 幸免死于某种疾病,患病未死
- throw off one's illness 摆脱病魔,从病中复原
- tide over one's illness 渡过病期的难关
- transmit illness to sb 把疾病传染给某人
- triumph over illness 战胜疾病
- bodily illness 身体有病
- brief illness 轻病,小病
- chronic illness 慢性病
- dangerous illness 危险的病
- deadly illness 绝症,致命的疾病
- depressing illness 忧郁症
- desperate illness 重病
- disabling illness 使人致残的病
- exhausting illness 消耗体力的病
- fatal illness 致命的疾病,绝症
- grave illness 重病
- hopeless illness 没有治愈希望的病,不治之症
- incurable illness 不治之症
- infectious illness 传染病
- lingering illness 久病,久治不愈的病
- long illness 长期患病
- major illness 重病
- mental illness 心理病,精神病
- prolonged illness 久治不愈的病,慢性病
- protracted illness 痼疾
- serious illness 重病
- short illness 短时间的病,微恙
- slight illness 轻病,小病
- sudden illness 急病,突发性的病
- terminal illness 晚期疾病
- untreatable illness 不可治疗的疾病
- wearisome illness 令人讨厌的病
Personal conflicts, stress and problems are a common cause of physical illness.出自： J. Gathorne
I was like a man who is told he has a mortal illness.出自： N. Mailer
Not until she'd phoned..had he..been aware of his brother's illness.出自： P. Roth
- illness强调疾病的种类时,用作可数名词; 表示抽象含义,强调生病的状况时,用作不可数名词。
- after illness可指“病愈之后”,也可指“生病以后”。
- illness, disease, sickness
- 1.disease泛指各种疾病,尤指传染病,遗传病和诸如心脏病、癌症等严重疾病; sickness多指晕船、恶心、胃病等方面的疾病或有关饮食方面的疾病; illness多指患病的状态及持续的时间,很可能是某种disease引起的,如不及时治疗,会导致严重的后果; sickness指各种身体上和感觉上一时的不适,病期最短,而disease病期最长。
- 2.disease多指具体的疾病, illness和sickness则通常表示抽象的疾病或生病状态。例如:
- This disease affects millions in the world every year.这种病每年都使世界上上百万人受到感染。
- The doctors broke through in their fight against heart disease.医生们在与心脏病作斗争方面有了新的突破。
- There has been a lot of illness in the family recently.最近以来这家人常生病。
- He was internally disturbed to hear of her illness.听说她病了,他内心很不安。
- Her savings have been eaten up by illness.她的积蓄因为生病全给用光了。
- The worker was absent owing to sickness.那个工人因病没来上班。