- [C][U]病,疾病 disease; unhealthy state of the body or mind
- impairment of normal physiological function affecting part or all of an organism
- His illness diminished his health.
- He will pull through his illness soon.
- Worry and illness had made him prematurely old.
- More than three million people suffer from severe mental illness.
His illness accounts for his absence.
His illness added to the family's troubles.
The woman's illness puzzled the doctor; he couldn't find the cause.
I hope my teacher will take my recent illness into account when judging my examination.
He is gaining in weight after his recovery from illness.
He was internally disturbed to hear of her illness.
Her savings have been eaten up by illness.
Her heart was slightly damaged as a result of her long illness.
She does fuss the children about to making sure they're well wrapped up, and worrying about minor illness.
The doctor brought Mother through a serious illness.
I'm afraid he's booked for a long illness.
Dick believed in fresh air as a cure of illness.
My grandmother died hard, suffering through a long illness.
He seems to be developing an illness.
When he was a child, he had several illnesses.
The old man's health broken down after a serious illness.
- diplomatic illness
假装生病 feigned illness as an excuse not to do sth
The boss is coming round on an inspection tomorrow.I think I'll have a diplomatic illness and report sick. 老板明天要来视察,我想假称有病回避一下。
- 假装生病 feigned illness as an excuse not to do sth
- bear illness 忍受病痛
- bring on illness 得病,染病
- combat illness 与疾病作斗争
- contract illness 染病
- cope with illness 与病魔作斗争
- cure illness 治愈疾病
- diagnose illness 诊断疾病
- drive away illness 战胜疾病
- exaggerate illness 夸大病情
- feign illness 装病
- get over illness 战胜疾病
- guard against illness 预防疾病
- perish from illness 因病死去
- pretend illness 装病
- recover from illness 康复
- sham illness 装病
- suffer from illness 患病
- survive illness 幸免死于某种疾病,患病未死
- throw off one's illness 摆脱病魔,从病中复原
- tide over one's illness 渡过病期的难关
- transmit illness to sb 把疾病传染给某人
- triumph over illness 战胜疾病
- bodily illness 身体有病
- brief illness 轻病,小病
- chronic illness 慢性病
- dangerous illness 危险的病
- deadly illness 绝症,致命的疾病
- depressing illness 忧郁症
- desperate illness 重病
- disabling illness 使人致残的病
- exhausting illness 消耗体力的病
- fatal illness 致命的疾病,绝症
- grave illness 重病
- hopeless illness 没有治愈希望的病,不治之症
- incurable illness 不治之症
- infectious illness 传染病
- lingering illness 久病,久治不愈的病
- long illness 长期患病
- major illness 重病
- mental illness 心理病,精神病
- prolonged illness 久治不愈的病,慢性病
- protracted illness 痼疾
- serious illness 重病
- short illness 短时间的病,微恙
- slight illness 轻病,小病
- sudden illness 急病,突发性的病
- terminal illness 晚期疾病
- untreatable illness 不可治疗的疾病
- wearisome illness 令人讨厌的病
Personal conflicts, stress and problems are a common cause of physical illness.出自：J. Gathorne
I was like a man who is told he has a mortal illness.出自：N. Mailer
Not until she'd phoned..had he..been aware of his brother's illness.出自：P. Roth
- illness强调疾病的种类时,用作可数名词; 表示抽象含义,强调生病的状况时,用作不可数名词。
- after illness可指“病愈之后”,也可指“生病以后”。
- illness, disease, sickness
这组词都有“病”“疾病”的意思。其区别是：1.disease泛指各种疾病,尤指传染病,遗传病和诸如心脏病、癌症等严重疾病; sickness多指晕船、恶心、胃病等方面的疾病或有关饮食方面的疾病; illness多指患病的状态及持续的时间,很可能是某种disease引起的,如不及时治疗,会导致严重的后果; sickness指各种身体上和感觉上一时的不适,病期最短,而disease病期最长。2.disease多指具体的疾病, illness和sickness则通常表示抽象的疾病或生病状态。例如:This disease affects millions in the world every year.这种病每年都使世界上上百万人受到感染。The doctors broke through in their fight against heart disease.医生们在与心脏病作斗争方面有了新的突破。There has been a lot of illness in the family recently.最近以来这家人常生病。He was internally disturbed to hear of her illness.听说她病了,他内心很不安。Her savings have been eaten up by illness.她的积蓄因为生病全给用光了。The worker was absent owing to sickness.那个工人因病没来上班。
- illness:illness n. 疾病, 生病…