- 仓促完成的,急忙的,急速的 done in a hurry
- 草率的,轻率的 too quick in acting or deciding, often with bad or unwanted results
"made a hasty exit"
"a headlong rush to sell"
done with very great haste and without due deliberation;
"hasty marriage seldom proveth well"
"hasty makeshifts take the place of planning"
"rejected what was regarded as an overhasty plan for reconversion"
"wondered whether they had been rather precipitate in deposing the king"
- Some people are prone to jump to hasty conclusions.
- You will have time for a hasty snack before the train leaves.
- They drew a hasty conclusion.
- She's too hasty, she should learn to think before speaking.
- We are not hasty in drawing conclusions.
- He is too hasty with people he doesn't like.
Walking quickly there, back and forth in his hasty style.出自： S. Bellow
- hasty, fast, quick, rapid, sudden, swift
- 1.quick指运动动作发生或完成的迅速、敏捷,强调的是单一动作的突然性或短暂性,也指才智和反应的敏捷和灵敏; swift意为“快”或“突然发生”,所指的运动速度最高,同时强调运动的平稳潇洒和轻捷、不费力气等,有时带文学色彩,为较正式的用语; fast多指运动的物体,位置移动的迅速,强调物体运动的方式; rapid是正式用语,多指运动本身,强调运动的高速度,所指的速度有时有“对人有益”的含义,常常可与fast互换使用,但语气比fast强; hasty指“草率,匆忙”; sudden则指“突然”。
- 2.swift, fast和rapid一般都指运动的速度,通常动作都有持续性和连续性。hasty一般都不指运动的速度。例如:
- He gave me a quick response to my question.他对我的问题给出了迅速的回答。
- The swift fading of autumn into winter.秋色迅速退去,随而进入冬天。
- The fast train was exchanged for a local one.快车被换成了慢车。
- He made such rapid progress that his parents were very glad.他取得了如此快的进步,以至于他的父母都很高兴。
- She's too hasty—if she would only think before speaking she wouldn't have so much trouble.她太性急了,要是她讲话之前多考虑一下,就不会有那么多麻烦了。
- A sudden clap of thunder woke me.一阵突然的雷声把我惊醒了。