- <美俚> 女人，女子；妻子，女友
- [C]帽子 covering made to fit the head, usually with a brim, worn out of doors
- [U]官职的象征 symbol of a person's official position
- headdress that protects the head from bad weather; has shaped crown and usually a brim
- an informal term for a person's role;
"he took off his politician's hat and talked frankly"
- put on or wear a hat;
"He was unsuitably hatted"
- furnish with a hat
- She bought a hat yesterday.
- He took off the hat and revealed his bald head.
- He always wears a panama hat.
- The magician conjured a rabbit out of his hat.
- She is wearing a pert little hat.
This hat becomes you.
This hat is in the latest style.
A hat is a covering for your head.
Emily was carefully adjusting her hat before a mirror.
A woman can't have too many hats.
Who is that man in a brown hat?
The man with a blue hat in his hand is her brother.
He put on his hat and walked out.
The gentleman tipped his hat politely.
She has two hats, a white and a red.
Your hat can show people what kind of job you do.
He wears two hats.
- I'll eat my hat
绝不可能(某人认为发生某事物的可能性几近荒谬时的用语) expression used by sb who believes that sth is so unlikely to happen that even to suggest it is absurd
England has a very poor side this season, and if they win the World Cup I'll eat my hat! 这个赛季英格兰队很差劲,他们绝不会赢得世界杯。
Rob's always late—if he gets here on time I'll eat my hat. 罗布总是迟到——他要是准时到达这里,我把脑袋给你。
- 绝不可能(某人认为发生某事物的可能性几近荒谬时的用语) expression used by sb who believes that sth is so unlikely to happen that even to suggest it is absurd
- keep under one's hat
对某事物保密 keep sth secret keep sth under one's hat
If I tell you the date of election, can you keep it under your hat?如果我把选举的日子告诉你,你能保密吗?
It's not wise to keep information like that under your hat.将那样的事情隐瞒起来是不明智的。
- 对某事物保密 keep sth secret keep sth under one's hat
- knock into a cocked hat
挫败或超过某人 defeat or outclass sb/sth knock sb/sth into a cocked hat
The lawyer knocked his opponent's story into a cocked hat.律师把他的对手驳得体无完肤。
At the last election, the Government won easily, knocked the Opposition into a cocked hat.上次选举,政府轻而易举地取胜,把反对派彻底打败。
My mother is such a good cook she knocks anyone else into a cocked hat.我母亲是一个高明的厨师,远远超过了其他任何人。
- 挫败或超过某人 defeat or outclass sb/sth knock sb/sth into a cocked hat
- my hat
哎呀,那才怪呢(用以表示惊讶或不信) used as an exclamation of astonishment or disbelief
Poor, my hat!He's got more money than either of us. 穷,那才怪呢!他的钱比我们两个谁都多。
- 哎呀,那才怪呢(用以表示惊讶或不信) used as an exclamation of astonishment or disbelief
- out of a/the hat
随意挑选的 picked at random
Prizes went to the first three out of the hat. 奖品为随意挑选出来的前三人所得。
- 随意挑选的 picked at random
- pass the hat round
募捐,凑钱 collect money
When they saw the poor woman's son was killed in the accident, they passed the hat round the crowd of people. 当他们看到那个穷苦妇女的儿子在车祸中死去时,他们向在场的群众进行募捐。
When my brother get married, his friends passed the hat round at work and bought him a present. 我弟弟结婚时,他的朋友忙着凑钱为他买了一件礼物。
- 募捐,凑钱 collect money
- take one's hat off to
向某人脱帽致敬; 对某人表示钦佩 acknowledge admiration for sb
You've lost two stone since you started your diet,I didn't think you would persevere and I take my hat off to you. 从你开始节食以来,你已瘦了28磅,因此我很钦佩你。
I take my hat off to him as a tennis player. 我承认他是个卓越的网球选手。
- 向某人脱帽致敬; 对某人表示钦佩 acknowledge admiration for sb
- talk through one's hat
信口开河 talk nonsense
Don't talk through your hat!You couldn't possibly have got here in only half an hour. 别信口开河!你绝不可能仅在半小时之内就赶到这里。
You're talking through your hat, you don't know anything about politics. 你在胡说八道,你对政治一窍不通。
Don't take any notice of what he says, he's just talking through his hat. 别理睬他的话,他只是在胡扯。
- 信口开河 talk nonsense
- have one's hat on 戴着帽子
- pull one's hat over one's eyes 用帽子遮住眼睛
- put on a hat 戴上帽子
- raise one's hat to (脱帽)向…致敬
- take off one's hat to (脱帽)向…致敬
- tip one's hat to 碰帽边向…致敬
- touch one's hat to 向…敬礼
- try on a hat 试戴帽子
- wear a hat 戴着帽子
- hang up one's hat 停止不干,长期居住
- pass the hat (round) 〈美〉募捐
- talk through one's hat 吹牛
- throw one's hat into the ring 宣布参加竞选
- wear two hats 身兼两职
The..beautiful face is shadowed by a perfectly enormous hat.出自：Day Lewis
A stylish hat with a quill slanting up from the crown.出自：E. Welty
- hat, cap
- ☆ 直接源自古语英的hat，意为帽。
- hat:hat n. 帽子vt. 戴帽子 英英解释:名词hat:1. headdress that protects the head from bad weather; has shaped crown a…