- <美俚> 女人，女子；妻子，女友
- [C]帽子 covering made to fit the head, usually with a brim, worn out of doors
- [U]官职的象征 symbol of a person's official position
headdress that protects the head from bad weather; has shaped crown and usually a brim
an informal term for a person's role;
"he took off his politician's hat and talked frankly"
put on or wear a hat;
"He was unsuitably hatted"
furnish with a hat
- She bought a hat yesterday.
- He took off the hat and revealed his bald head.
- He always wears a panama hat.
- The magician conjured a rabbit out of his hat.
- She is wearing a pert little hat.
- The young lady was beautifully dressed and hatted.
- This hat becomes you.
- This hat is in the latest style.
- A hat is a covering for your head.
- Emily was carefully adjusting her hat before a mirror.
- A woman can't have too many hats.
- Who is that man in a brown hat?
- The man with a blue hat in his hand is her brother.
- He put on his hat and walked out.
- The gentleman tipped his hat politely.
- She has two hats, a white and a red.
- Your hat can show people what kind of job you do.
- He wears two hats.
- I'll eat my hat
绝不可能(某人认为发生某事物的可能性几近荒谬时的用语) expression used by sb who believes that sth is so unlikely to happen that even to suggest it is absurd
- keep under one's hat
对某事物保密 keep sth secret
keep sth under one's hat
If I tell you the date of election, can you keep it under your hat?
It's not wise to keep information like that under your hat.
- knock into a cocked hat
挫败或超过某人 defeat or outclass sb/sth
knock sb/sth into a cocked hat
The lawyer knocked his opponent's story into a cocked hat.
At the last election, the Government won easily, knocked the Opposition into a cocked hat.
My mother is such a good cook she knocks anyone else into a cocked hat.
- my hat
哎呀,那才怪呢(用以表示惊讶或不信) used as an exclamation of astonishment or disbelief
- out of a/the hat
随意挑选的 picked at random
- pass the hat round
募捐,凑钱 collect money
- take one's hat off to
向某人脱帽致敬; 对某人表示钦佩 acknowledge admiration for sb
- talk through one's hat
信口开河 talk nonsense
- have one's hat on 戴着帽子
- pull one's hat over one's eyes 用帽子遮住眼睛
- put on a hat 戴上帽子
- raise one's hat to (脱帽)向…致敬
- take off one's hat to (脱帽)向…致敬
- tip one's hat to 碰帽边向…致敬
- touch one's hat to 向…敬礼
- try on a hat 试戴帽子
- wear a hat 戴着帽子
- hang up one's hat 停止不干,长期居住
- pass the hat (round) 〈美〉募捐
- talk through one's hat 吹牛
- throw one's hat into the ring 宣布参加竞选
- wear two hats 身兼两职
The..beautiful face is shadowed by a perfectly enormous hat.出自： Day Lewis
A stylish hat with a quill slanting up from the crown.出自： E. Welty
- hat, cap
- 二者均可指“帽子”,其区别在于:cap指无边的或有帽舌的帽子,如军帽; 而hat常指四周有边的帽子,如礼帽。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的hat，意为帽。