(of undissolved particles in a fluid) supported or kept from sinking or falling by buoyancy and without apparent attachment;
"suspended matter such as silt or mud..."
"dust particles suspended in the air"
"droplets in suspension in a gas"
- She was lucky to get off with a suspended sentence.
- She was suspended from school for stealing.
- The judge gave him a nine-month suspended sentence.
- A lamp was suspended from the ceiling above us.
- The policeman was suspended while the complaint was investigated.
- The daily flight to the city has been temporarily suspended because of the earthquake.
- The driver's certificate was suspended by the police.
- His license was suspended for six months.
- suspended joint 悬式接头,吊接,浮接...
- suspended state 悬浮态
- suspended matter 混悬物质,浮游物质,...
- suspended scaffold 悬挂式脚手架,挂脚手...
- suspended water 包气带水,悬着水,悬...
- suspended phase 悬浮相
- suspended arch 悬拱
- suspended ceiling 吊车
- suspended particle 悬浮粒子
- suspended particles 悬浮颗粒
- suspended floor 悬桥面
- suspended colloid 悬(浮)胶(体)...
- suspended solid 悬浮固体
- suspended material 悬浮泥沙,悬浮物...
- suspended sediment 悬浮沉积物
- suspended particulate 悬浮颗粒物
- suspended animation 〈医〉(因窒息造成的...
- suspended oil 悬浮油类
- suspended truss 悬式桁架