disgusting wickedness and immorality;
"he understood the foulness of sin"
"his display of foulness deserved severe punishment"
"mouths which speak such foulness must be cleansed"
a state characterized by foul or disgusting dirt and refuse
(of weather) the badness of the weather;
"they were wearied with the foulness of the weather"
the attribute of having a strong offensive smell
- The chain has fallen foul of plants in the water.
- The ship ran a foul of the floating seaweed.
- He fall foul of his boss and lose his job.
- He made a great fortune by fair means or foul.
- The chain has run foul of some plants in the water.
- Nothing could foul up their militant spirit.
- foul 恶臭的