- [C]家,家庭 group consisting of parents and their children
- [S]子女 people's children
- [C]家族,氏族 all the people descended from a common ancestor
- [C]语族,语系 group of things related by common characteristics especially a group of languages
- [C](动植物的)科 a group of plants or animals
- a social unit living together;
"he moved his family to Virginia"
"It was a good Christian household"
"I waited until the whole house was asleep"
"the teacher asked how many people made up his home"
- primary social group; parents and children;
"he wanted to have a good job before starting a family"
- a collection of things sharing a common attribute;
"there are two classes of detergents"
- people descended from a common ancestor;
"his family has lived in Massachusetts since the Mayflower"
- a person having kinship with another or others;
- (biology) a taxonomic group containing one or more genera;
"sharks belong to the fish family"
- a loose affiliation of gangsters in charge of organized criminal activities
- an association of people who share common beliefs or activities;
"the message was addressed not just to employees but to every member of the company family"
"the church welcomed new members into its fellowship"
- There are five people in my family.
- He was born in a wealthy family.
- He had to work hard to support his family.
- All our family came to Grandad's eightieth birthday party.
- Some families have farmed in this area for hundreds of years.
- She has a large family on her hands.
- Give my regards to Mr and Mrs Jones and family.
- The tiger is a representative of the cat family.
- These languages belong to the Latin family.
- English is a branch of the Germanic family of languages.
- Quarrels are a normal part of family life.
- They rented a three-bedroom family home with a pool.
She comes of a musical family.
She comes from a famous family.
He is a boy of a good family.
We shouldn't judge a person by his family.
He comes of a noble family.
He came of a poor peasant family in the old society.
The child was adopted into a wealthy family and received a good education.
Each apartment could house a family of six.
He is blessed in having such a family.
His crimes stained the family honor.
Mrs. Hall is well known to all the family, and I am certain that she will make a good servant in your house.
There has been a lot of illness in the family recently.
Would you steal from your own family?
She was sustained by pride in her family.
Who is more powerful in your family?
She brought honour to her family.
Something unfortunate must have happened to his family.
Many families keeps snakes.
We won't have a family until we've been married a few years.
When do you hope to start a family?
Her family is a large family so that she has to be often ignored.
Tom is the eldest of the family.
Does he has any family?
Give my regards to Mr. Jones and family.
Mary's whole family united in disapproving Jim.
The family live in the big mansion near the coast.
My family is very large.
Mr. Smith and his family came together.
My family have gone to my aunt's, but I stay at home.
She disgraced her family and friends.
The picture reminded him of his home and family in Taiwan.
Though hardworking, he can hardly support his family.
If you can't support your family, you can at least apply for relief.
We'll let his family know that he is in danger.
His family can trace its history back to the tenth century.
Some families have farmed in this area for hundreds of years.
Spanish belongs to the same language family as Italian, both being descended from Latin.
The horse family also includes the donkey.
The royal family consists of the king and queen and their relatives.
The royal family is insulated from many of the difficulties faced by ordinary people.
Many families have lived in new houses.
His family are spending a holiday these days.
Smith family are all very athletic.
Are your family all well?
The family were all present.
These houses were built for families.
He decided to reduce family expenses.
The will obliges the heirs to live in the family mansion.
Despite his poverty he refused to part with the family jewels.
I go home every summer to see my family relations.
His illness added to the family's troubles.
I don't know any other family who would do so much.
- bring up a family 养家,养育妻子儿女
- come of a family 出身于…家庭
- disgrace one's family 给家庭带来耻辱
- have a family 有家庭
- head a family 担当一家之主
- leave one's family 抛弃家庭,离家出走
- limit the family 限制生育
- protect one's family 保护自己的家庭
- raise a family 养育家庭
- start a family 成家
- support one's family 供养家庭,养家糊口
- unite two -lies 联合两家
- big family 大家庭,人口多的家庭
- broken family 破裂的家庭
- complete family 父母双全的家庭
- entire family 全家
- good family 良家
- happy family 幸福的家庭
- high family 门第高的家庭
- large family 子女多的家庭
- lower-income family 收入少的家庭
- middle-class family 中产阶级家庭
- middle-income family 收入中等的家庭
- noble family 贵族名门,显贵的家庭
- poor family 贫穷的家庭
- rich family 富有的家庭
- single-parent family 单亲家庭
- small family 小家庭
- special family 特殊家庭
- upper-income family 收入高的家庭
- wealthy family 豪门富户
- well-to-do family 富裕的家庭
- whole family 全家
- in family 家中
- man of good family 名门子弟
- with a family 有家(要照应)
- animals of the cat family 猫科动物
- members of the deer family 鹿科动物
I am of Anglo-Irish stock on both sides of my family.出自：Day Lewis
- family的意思是“家庭”,指“家庭全体成员”时,为集合名词,作主语时,谓语动词要用复数形式。作为“家庭整体”看待时,谓语动词要用单数形式。谓语动词无论是单数形式还是复数形式, family都应该用复数代词指代。
- family, dwelling, home, house, residence
这五个词都有“家,家庭,家宅”的意思。其区别在于:home指某人出生以及成长的环境或与某人一起居住的地方; dwelling为文学用语,用以同商店、办公室及其他建筑物相区别的住宅; family指的是家庭成员,与居住地无关; house强调人们居住的建筑物本身; residence常指周围大片土地的宅邸,也可指普通的房屋,尤其是自己的住宅。例如:There's nothing like home.哪儿也没有家里好。Their clothes were in rags and their dwellings were small and poorly furnished.他们衣衫褴褛,住房狭小,家具简陋。Because our family is happy and healthy we reckon ourselves fortunate.因为我们一家人幸福健康,我们认为我们是幸运的。She offered to help Rose in house keeping when I was not here.我不在时,她主动帮助露丝料理家务。Buy a house, build a home.买一所房子,安一个家。The President's residence is the White House in Washington,D.C.总统的官邸是华盛顿特区的白宫。
- in a family way, in the family way
在英式英语中, in a family way作“不拘小节”解, in the family way作“怀孕”解; 而在美式英语中, in a family way和in the family way都作“怀孕”解。例如:She spoke to me in a family way.她与我说话不拘礼节。It makes folks happy to see a girl in the family way.人们看到女孩怀孕了会感到高兴。Sue and Liz are happy because their mother is in the family way.苏和利兹都很高兴,因为妈妈就要生孩子了。
- How are your family?
- How is your family?
- 如果侧重家里的每个人,则用“are”; 如果侧重全家,则用“is”,但在回答时都应用are。
- My family〔They〕 are all well.全家都好。
- a teacher family 一个教师之家(全是教师)
- a teacher's family 一位教师的家(主人是教师)
- He is family man.
- He is a man of family.
误 My family is all tall.
正 My family are all tall.
误 My family are very large.
正 My family is very large.
误 He abandoned his cosy family.
正 He abandoned his cosy home.
析 “家”是home,指一个人出生和居住的处所; 而family指家庭成员的集体或个体。
误 The Wang of the family has moved into the new house.
正 The Wang family has moved into the new house.
- ☆ 1400年左右进英入语，直接源自古典拉丁语的familia，意为家庭，住户；最初源自未知语的famulus，意为仆人。
- family:family=father and mother i love you home=family+housen 1 (a) 【CGp】 group consisting of parents and…