the sill of a door; a horizontal piece of wood or stone that forms the bottom of a doorway and offers support when passing through a doorway
- The sound stopped by the doorstep.
- I stand on the doorstep shivering with cold.
- There's a swimming pool right on his doorstep.
- News reporters camped upon his doorstep day and night.
- Discover your learning style, and success is on your doorstep.
He had foolishly signed a three-year magazine subscription contract with a doorstep salesman.出自：Modern Law Review
Doorstep jobs like delivering milk and selling insurance.出自：Times Literary Supplement
Doorstep deliveries are losing ground to shop sales.出自：Times