- n. 政变；意外而成功的行动
- [C]意外而成功的行动 surprising and successful action
a sudden and decisive change of government illegally or by force
a brilliant and notable success
- He pulled off a spectacular coup.
- The party staged a bloodless coup.
- It was a major coup for us to get such a prestigious contract.
- It would be quite a coup for you if you were appointed a member of the government. You'd really have power you want, then.
- make a great coup 大获成功
I made a bold coup to regain my tottering prestige.出自： W. Gerhardie
The bust appearing on coins will be 'couped', or cut off above the shoulders.出自：Times