- [C]比赛 event in which people compete; contest
- [U]竞争 competing; activity in which people compete
- a business relation in which two parties compete to gain customers;
"business competition can be fiendish at times"
- an occasion on which a winner is selected from among two or more contestants
- the act of competing as for profit or a prize;
"the teams were in fierce contention for first place"
- the contestant you hope to defeat;
"he had respect for his rivals"
"he wanted to know what the competition was doing"
- Everyone in modern society faces keen competitions.
There will be a chess competition next week.
There is keen competition between the two motorcar firms.
She had a chance to see the competition before the interview.
- avoid competition 避免竞争
- begin a competition 开始比赛
- carry on competition 进行竞争
- enter a competition 参加竞赛
- face competition 面临竞争
- hold〔stage〕 a competition 举行比赛
- lose a competition 比赛失败,在竞争中失败
- meet competition 向竞争应战,遇到对手
- promote competition 促进竞争
- stand in competition with sb 与某人竞争
- stop a competition 停止比赛
- win a competition 赢得比赛
- bitter〔keen, severe, sharp, strong〕 competition 激烈的竞争
- commercial competition 商业竞争
- fair competition 公平的竞争
- free competition 自由竞争
- friendly competition 友谊赛
- international competition 国际竞争
- open competition 公开赛
- unfair competition 不公正的竞争
- boxing competition 拳击比赛
- chess competition 棋类比赛
- football competition 足球比赛
- music competition 音乐比赛
- tennis competition 网球竞赛
- trade competition 贸易竞争
- world competition 世界性竞争
- competition among〔between〕… 之间的竞争
- competition among several firms 几家公司之间的竞争
- competition between the two parties 两党间的竞争
- competition for 为…而竞争,…比赛
- competition for the championship 锦标赛
- competition for control of the market 为控制市场而竞争
- competition from abroad 来自国外的竞争
- competition in the world market 世界市场的竞争
- competition with 与…竞争
- competition with other countries 与其他国家的竞争
- competition within the industry 工业内部的竞争
Opening all objects of ambition..to general competition.出自：J. S. Mill
Ice-cream vans..playing different tunes in furious competition.出自：J. Raban
- competition, contest, emulation, race
这组词的共同意思是“竞赛,竞争”。其区别在于：1.race可用在大选中的竞争。2.competition指在某项目或某次比赛中与对手所进行的“较量与竞争”,也可指“竞争的对手”。例如:Competition between business firms keeps prices down.商业公司之间的竞争使价格下降。At the Olympic Games our representatives were in competition with the best swimmers from all parts of the world.我们的代表队在奥运会上与世界各地的最佳游泳选手角逐。3.emulation意为“竞赛”,多指抽象的竞争,指在相互仿效的情况下,形成赶超局面,以努力取胜的竞争。例如:The workers in this factory work hard in emulation of the workers in other factories.这工厂的工人努力工作以赶超其他厂的工人。The young man worked hard in emulation of his famous father.这位年轻人努力工作,要迎头赶上他出名的父亲。4.contest多用于有评判委员会的“比赛”。例如:The newspaper is now running an enormous scenario contest.这家报纸正在举办大型电影剧本创作竞赛。He won the contest for the deputy leadership.他在副手竞争中获胜。
- ☆ 1608年英进入语，直接源自拉丁语的competitionem，意为协定，对立。
- competition:competition n. 竞争, 竞赛习惯用语stand in competition with sb. for 为...和（某人）竞争be in competition with sb. for…