"without my reading glasses I can hardly see things close up"
"even firing at close range he missed"
cease to operate or cause to cease operating;
"The owners decided to move and to close the factory"
"My business closes every night at 8 P.M."
"close up the shop"
block passage through;
"obstruct the path"
unite or bring into contact or bring together the edges of;
"close the circuit"
"close a wound"
"close a book"
"close up an umbrella"
refuse to talk or stop talking; fall silent;
"The children shut up when their father approached"
- His house is close to the factory.
- He gets up against a post to have a rest.
- The wound in her leg has begun to close up.
- His wound closed up after a week.
- The theatre has had to close for lack of support.
- They have decided to close that branch down.
- The police take temporary measures to close the street to traffic.
- Everything on the submarine was buttoned up within a short time.
- cork 软木塞
- complete 完整的
- tighten 使紧
- close 关
- close down 关闭
- occlude 使闭塞
- keep mum 参照 mum
- button up 拒绝说话
- Be quiet 保持安静
- fold 包
- dummy up 闭口不说
- obstruct 阻隔
- impede 妨碍
- shut up 关闭
- belt up 安静些, 别讲话了,=s...
- shut down 关闭
- clam up 拒不开口
- at close range 接近地
- block 街区
- jam 果酱
- obturate 闭塞
- open up 打开