- 把（某物）掩藏在地下，埋藏， 掩藏，掩蔽，隐藏
- vt. 埋葬; 葬 put a dead body in the ground, a tomb or the sea
- vt. 掩藏 hide (sb or oneself) in (a place)
cover from sight;
"Afghani women buried under their burkas"
place in a grave or tomb;
"Stalin was buried behind the Kremlin wall on Red Square"
"The pharaohs were entombed in the pyramids"
"My grandfather was laid to rest last Sunday"
place in the earth and cover with soil;
"They buried the stolen goods"
enclose or envelop completely, as if by swallowing;
"The huge waves swallowed the small boat and it sank shortly thereafter"
"She sank her fingers into the soft sand"
"He buried his head in her lap"
dismiss from the mind; stop remembering;
"I tried to bury these unpleasant memories"
- Even if you kill me, even if you bury me, I should rise again.
- The funeral is tomorrow and they will bury the body after the church service.
- He likes to bury himself in the country.
- She had learnt to bury her feelings.
- You will have to bury yourself in your studies if you want to pass the exam.
- He was sitting with his head buried in a book.
- Just bury the hatchet and go have a drink together!
- She willed herself to bury her past.
- After the battle, they buried the dead.
- He buried his wife last week.
- He felt lonely after he buried his good friend.
- He buried his loved dog's body.
- That tall man is the priest that buried her father.
- Pirates buried treasure in the ground.
- The dog buried the bone.
- I tore you from my heart and buried you forever.
- They agreed to bury their differences.
- It's time to bury our differences and be friends again.
- He had long ago buried the memory of the accident.
- One minor mistake by the right back was enough to bury the four years' efforts and aspirations of the team.
- All right!Let's bury the hatchet and be friends.
- After their long argument my brothers have at last buried the hatchet.
- Will the time never come when we may honorably bury the hatchet?
- We had been enemies a long time, but after the flood we buried the hatchet.
- He was buried at sea.
- Dead sailors are buried at sea.
- The anger which had been buried inside me rose to the surface.
- The enemy buried him alive.
- I couldn't understand why a man who had always been so fond of the social scene should suddenly want to bury himself alive in a one-horse village at the back of nowhere.
- They were buried alive by the enemies.
- They wouldn't like to be buried alive.
- We don't have the feeling of being buried alive here because so many of our friends come to visit us.
- bury in( v.+prep. )
专心于(某事); 陷入,沉浸于… give all one's attention to (sth); be lost in (sth such as thought) so as not to notice anything else
- bury under( v.+prep. )
忙于(工作) be very busy with (work)
- bury deep 深埋
- bury half 半埋
- bury quietly 静静地埋葬
- bury reverently 隆重地安葬
- bury solemnly 庄重地埋葬
- bury splendidly 隆重地埋葬
- bury at 藏身于…
- bury at sea 海葬
- bury in 葬于…,专心于…
- bury in business 专心于做生意
- bury in memories of the past 缅怀往事
- bury in one's book 专心致力于读书
- bury one's face in one's hands 以手掩面
- bury in one's hometown 葬于故乡
- bury in one's study 埋头学习
- bury in one's work 埋头工作
- bury in sloth 贪懒
- bury in the country 隐居于乡下
- bury in the newspaper 埋头看报
- bury in thought 沉思
- bury under 埋于…之下
- bury under ground 埋于地下
- bury under snow 埋于雪中
- bury with 以…方式埋葬
My elder Sister buried her Husband about Six Months ago.出自： Steele
There were snowdrops in the graveyard when they buried her.出自： B. Chatwin
- bury的基本意思是“埋葬”“掩藏”,作“埋葬(尸体)”解时可用于人,也可用于动物; 作“掩藏”解时,指用某物(如土壤、石块、树叶等)遮盖或在某物中隐没下来或把该物作为隐匿处而隐藏起来。引申则可表示“搁置”或“埋头于…”等。
- bury, inter
- bury, cache, hide, screen
- hide可指故意藏匿,也可指偶然或无意地隐藏; bury指埋藏或浸没在某物中,暗示被完全掩盖; cache指藏在极其秘密和安全的地方,以防被盗; screen指用遮蔽或隔开的方法来藏匿某物或庇护某人。例如:
- Where did you hide it?你把它藏到哪儿了?
- The dog has buried a bone.狗藏了一根骨头。
- The thieves cached the stolen money.小偷把偷来的钱藏了起来。
- He admitted the crime in order to screen his wife, who was the real criminal.他为了庇护太太而认罪,她才是真正的罪犯。
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的briem，意为保存。
- burial n. 埋葬，葬礼