- n. 公牛；股市看涨的人；<俚>警察
- n. 荒谬的话
- n. 教皇诏书
- adj. 公牛的；鲁莽的
- [C]公牛; 雄兽 that adult male form of cattle, supposed to be fierce and hard to control, kept on farms to be the parent of young cattle
- [C]买进证券投机图利者,(对股市行情)看涨的人 a person who buys business shares or goods in expectation of a price rise or who acts to cause such a rise
uncastrated adult male of domestic cattle
a large and strong and heavyset man;
"he was a bull of a man"
"a thick-skinned bruiser ready to give as good as he got"
obscene words for unacceptable behavior;
"I put up with a lot of bullshit from that jerk"
"what he said was mostly bull"
a serious and ludicrous blunder;
"he made a bad bull of the assignment"
uncomplimentary terms for a policeman
an investor with an optimistic market outlook; an investor who expects prices to rise and so buys now for resale later
(astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Taurus
the second sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about April 20 to May 20
the center of a target
a formal proclamation issued by the pope (usually written in antiquated characters and sealed with a leaden bulla)
mature male of various mammals of which the female is called `cow'; e.g. whales or elephants or especially cattle
push or force;
"He bulled through his demands"
try to raise the price of stocks through speculative buying
speak insincerely or without regard for facts or truths;
"The politician was not well prepared for the debate and faked it"
advance in price;
"stocks were bulling"
- The bull bellowed angrily.
- His bull will come to serve our cows tomorrow.
- A bull market is a situation in which share prices are rising.
- He likes to throw the bull.
- Don't listen to his cock and bull story.
- Get along with you. It's a cock and bull story.
- The pope issued a bull declaring that abortion was not approved by the church.
- Still another depicted Europa deceived by Jupiter under the disguise of a bull.
- A slow exposure blurs the charge of a bull at a bullfight in Arequipa, Peru.
- He is a bull man.
- This is a bull.
- He was a great bull of a man.
- The bull elephant is attacking us.
- We can see through all that bull.
- a bull in a china shop
笨手笨脚到处闯祸之人 a rough and careless person in a place where skill and care are needed
- like bull 凶猛的
'Pipe down!' a bull voice called out.出自： J. T. Farrell
A mature bull elk bugling his mating call.出自： W. P. Keller
A bull neck almost the same size round as his head.出自： R. West
The only weak brother I am willing to consider is (to make a bull for once), my wife.出自： R. L. Stevenson
- bull的基本意思是未阉割的公牛。用于比喻时,可指“体壮如牛的人”; 也可指某些陆地或海洋中躯体庞大的“雄性动物”。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的bula，意为公牛。
- decree 法令
- official statement 正式声明
- encyclical 传阅的
- instruction 指令
- edict 法令
- proclamation 宣言
- Taurus 金牛座
- bullshit 胡说
- horseshit <粗俗> 胡说...
- bruiser 彪形大汉
- shit 表示愤怒、厌恶等的感叹词...
- crap <俚>废话
- bull's eye 靶心
- fuzz <非正式> 细毛...
- papal bull 教皇印玺
- strapper 彪形大汉
- dogshit <粗>狗屎
- pig 猪
- talk through one's hat 胡说八道
- Irish bull 自相矛盾的说法...
- Samson 大力士
- bull through 硬挤
- copper 铜
- cop 纺锤状线团、管纱...
- fake 假的
- buffalo 水牛
- ox 牛
- cow 母牛