- [C]公牛; 雄兽 that adult male form of cattle, supposed to be fierce and hard to control, kept on farms to be the parent of young cattle
- [C]买进证券投机图利者,(对股市行情)看涨的人 a person who buys business shares or goods in expectation of a price rise or who acts to cause such a rise
- uncastrated adult male of domestic cattle
- a large and strong and heavyset man;
"he was a bull of a man"
"a thick-skinned bruiser ready to give as good as he got"
- obscene words for unacceptable behavior;
"I put up with a lot of bullshit from that jerk"
"what he said was mostly bull"
- a serious and ludicrous blunder;
"he made a bad bull of the assignment"
- uncomplimentary terms for a policeman
- an investor with an optimistic market outlook; an investor who expects prices to rise and so buys now for resale later
- (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Taurus
- the second sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about April 20 to May 20
- the center of a target
- a formal proclamation issued by the pope (usually written in antiquated characters and sealed with a leaden bulla)
- mature male of various mammals of which the female is called `cow'; e.g. whales or elephants or especially cattle
- push or force;
"He bulled through his demands"
- try to raise the price of stocks through speculative buying
- speak insincerely or without regard for facts or truths;
"The politician was not well prepared for the debate and faked it"
- advance in price;
"stocks were bulling"
- The bull bellowed angrily.
- His bull will come to serve our cows tomorrow.
- He likes to throw the bull.
- Don't listen to his cock and bull story.
- Get along with you. It's a cock and bull story.
- The pope issued a bull declaring that abortion was not approved by the church.
- Still another depicted Europa deceived by Jupiter under the disguise of a bull.
- A slow exposure blurs the charge of a bull at a bullfight in Arequipa, Peru.
- He is a bull man.
This is a bull.
He was a great bull of a man.
The bull elephant is attacking us.
We can see through all that bull.
- a bull in a china shop
笨手笨脚到处闯祸之人 a rough and careless person in a place where skill and care are needed
He's like a bull in a china shop, always knocking things over. 他笨手笨脚,总是撞倒东西。
- 笨手笨脚到处闯祸之人 a rough and careless person in a place where skill and care are needed
- like bull 凶猛的
'Pipe down!' a bull voice called out.出自：J. T. Farrell
A mature bull elk bugling his mating call.出自：W. P. Keller
A bull neck almost the same size round as his head.出自：R. West
The only weak brother I am willing to consider is (to make a bull for once), my wife.出自：R. L. Stevenson
- bull的基本意思是未阉割的公牛。用于比喻时,可指“体壮如牛的人”; 也可指某些陆地或海洋中躯体庞大的“雄性动物”。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的blua，意为公牛。
- bull:bull n. [动]公牛, 粗壮如牛的人习惯用语take the bull by the horns 不畏艰难；勇于面对困难…