- 生命（力），生命液 ，活力，元气
- 血统，种族 ，家族关系
- 使取得初次经验，让（人）开始取得新经验， 让新人初试做某事
- [U]血,血液 red liquid flowing through the body
- [U]血统,家族 family relationship
- the fluid (red in vertebrates) that is pumped through the body by the heart and contains plasma, blood cells, and platelets;
"blood carries oxygen and nutrients to the tissues and carries away waste products"
"the ancients believed that blood was the seat of the emotions"
- temperament or disposition;
"a person of hot blood"
- a dissolute man in fashionable society
- the descendants of one individual;
"his entire lineage has been warriors"
- people viewed as members of a group;
"we need more young blood in this organization"
- smear with blood, as in a hunting initiation rite, where the face of a person is smeared with the blood of the kill
- The dog's fur was matted with blood.
- She was sick at the sight of the blood.
- A drop of blood slid down his leg.
- The wounded man was covered with blood.
- He has oriental blood in his veins.
- They are not of the same blood.
- Someone told me that she has royal blood.
- There is a lot of bad blood between those two families.
- He did not want to see any American blood spilt.
Blood is thicker than water.
Blood circulates through the body.
The knife blade was stained with blood.
The doctors analyzed the blood sample for anemia.
The doctor wanted a specimen of his blood.
Blood donors give blood for use in hospitals.
The mayor launched an appeal to the public to give blood to the victims of the disaster.
Blood was still oozing from the wound.
Blood trickled down his face.
Much blood was shed in the war.
Their money bleeds black blood.
That's blood and guilt money.
The war cost so much British blood.
He didn't act like a blood all the time.
He is of the purest Arab blood.
They have Jewish blood.
The boy had the blood in him and there it was.
That would put blood in the eye of his critics.
It makes my blood boil.
Men will say things when their blood is up which they regret after they have cooled down.
His blood was up.
- be in the blood
家族共有的特征 be a quality with which many members of the same family are born
Acting runs in their blood; they have been actors for more than 150 years. 演戏是他们家族遗传的天性,过去150年一直都有人当演员。
Most of my family are musicians, it is in the blood. 我家里的人大都擅长音乐,是世传的。
- 家族共有的特征 be a quality with which many members of the same family are born
- in cold blood
冷静地,残酷地 sober, calm; unfeeling, hard-hearted
Let's think it over in cold blood. 让我们冷静地考虑一下这个问题。
Millions of slaves were killed in cold blood. 成千上万的奴隶被残酷地杀害了。
- 冷静地,残酷地 sober, calm; unfeeling, hard-hearted
- cough blood 咳出血
- draw blood 抽血
- feed on blood 靠吸血活命
- freeze sb's blood 使某人极度恐惧
- give one's blood to 把血输给…
- let blood 放血
- lose blood 失血
- make one's blood run cold 使极度害怕
- make blood boil 使某人火冒三丈
- stop the blood 止血
- sweat blood 拼命干活
- test the blood 验血
- type blood 测定血型
- bad blood 憎恨
- blue blood 贵族血统
- foreign blood 外国血统
- fresh blood 新鲜血液,新成员
- hot blood 激动的,热切的
- mixed blood 混血
- old blood 老成员
- pure blood 纯血统,纯种
- tired blood 身体衰弱
- whole blood 健康的血
- young blood 新成员,纨绔子弟
Go, suck the subtle blood o' th' grape.出自：Timon of Athens,Shakespeare
- blood是不可数名词,没有复数形式,其本意为“血,血液”,也指无脊椎低等动物体中相当于血液的体液; 还可引申为“血统,亲属”“血气,脾气”。表示“流血”一般不说bleed blood,但在美国黑人英语中可说bleed black blood。
- 在new blood, fresh blood, old blood几个短语中blood统指“人员”。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的bold，意为血。
- blood:简介1. 血,血液【U】Lots of people donated blood.许多人捐血。2. 血统,家族关系【U】They are not of the same blood.他们并非同宗。3.…