- n. 残杀；屠杀；大量杀戮
- v. 残杀；屠杀
- vt. 屠杀,杀戮; 屠宰 kill cruelly
the killing of animals (as for food)
a sound defeat
the savage and excessive killing of many people
kill (animals) usually for food consumption;
"They slaughtered their only goat to survive the winter"
kill a large number of people indiscriminately;
"The Hutus massacred the Tutsis in Rwanda"
- He had no strong feelings about human slaughter.
- I am really terrified to witness the slaughter.
- Wholesale slaughter was carried out in the name of progress.
- He waded through slaughter to the throne.
- Hundreds of innocent civilians were cruelly slaughtered.
- Millions of cattle are slaughtered every day.
- The invading army slaughtered a lot of people.
- Millions of pigs are slaughtered every day.
- slaughter calf 屠用犊牛
- slaughter house 屠场
- slaughter pig 屠宰税
- forced slaughter 强制宰杀
- wholesale slaughter [法] 大屠杀
- slaughter sheep 供宰羊
- humane slaughter 失知觉后屠宰,无痛屠...
- slaughter weight 屠宰体重
- slaughter cattle 供屠牛
- slaughter stock 供屠宰家畜
- slaughter room 屠宰车间
- compulsory slaughter 强制屠宰,强迫屠宰...
- casualty slaughter 伤残畜屠宰间,急宰间...
- slaughter animal 屠宰牲畜
- self-slaughter 自杀
- slaughter of the innocents 屠杀婴孩
- slaughter off the innocents 参照 massacre
Two weeks before slaughter, the chicken is penned up and fed corn.出自：Cook's Magazine
Following their..leaders like lambs to the slaughter.出自：Daily Telegraph
- slaughter, butcher, kill, massacre
- ☆ 直接源自古斯堪的那维亚语的slatr，意为屠宰肉。