marked by practical hardheaded intelligence;
"a smart businessman"
"an astute tenant always reads the small print in a lease"
"he was too shrewd to go along with them on a road that could lead only to their overthrow"
- But by this point, any astute businessperson has a new product waiting in the wings, ready to hit the market and revitalize his business.
- Only Parmalat's seemingly astute ability to rapidly grow earnings and revenues with acquisitions had placated those concerns.
- Astute salesmen know how to invest emotionally.
- Zhou Enlai was too astute to rail against reality.
- Despite his primitive dress and thuggish demeanor, Yavid was actually an astute field commander, drawing on strategies he had learned in his military studies as a youth.
He made a bad slip when he allowed my astute friend to notice the number of the seat taken for his wife.出自： Conan Doyle
It seemed an astute stroke of German imperial tactics to send Lenin safely through Germany to Russia.出自： G. B. Shaw