- v. 热望；立志
- vi. 渴望(成就); 有志(成为) have a strong desire to achieve or become sth
have an ambitious plan or a lofty goal
- Do you aspire to know the heights, and depths, and lengths, and breadths?
- And thousands of young players aspire to be like him.
- Woman should not only aspire to be educated but also persue independence.
- He aspired after fame.
- He aspires after knowledge.
- He aspires after more knowledge of Chinese medicine.
- He aspired after a political career to the leadership of the party.
- He determinedly aspired after liberty.
- Peter aspires after a job in a bank.
- What do women aspire for?
- He aspired to literary success.
- He aspires to no personal fame.
- She aspired to a scientific career.
- She aspires to nothing less than the chairmanship of the company.
- As a model, she always aspired to an acting career.
- The author aspired to the first rank in his profession.
- Edward Heath has always aspired to leadership.
- Britain,France, the United States and Japan all aspired to hegemony after the end of World War I.
- Many politicians aspire to be president.
- He aspires to be a scientist.
- He aspired to be their next leader.
- He aspired to be the leadership of the party.
- She aspires to become president.
- She aspired to become a lawyer.
- In his childhood, he aspired to become a great general.
- Mentor Graham told Lincoln that if he aspired to get ahead in politics and law he must know grammar.
- A crowd of foreign princes aspire to gain her hand.
- Aspiring writers were always sending scripts to him.
- aspire determinedly 坚定不移地追求
- aspire enthusiastically 积极地追求
- aspire invariably 执著地追求
- aspire passionately 强烈地追求
- aspire professionally to excellence 在业务上精益求精
Aspiredst for the everlasting Crowne.出自： R. Lovelace
Ye powers of truth, that bid my soul aspire.出自： Goldsmith
He who aspires at the character of a good man.出自： V. Knox
It is no wonder that human beings aspire after a standard pronunciation which will reduce as far as possible the chances of misunderstanding.出自： R. Lynd
We Americans have long aspired to the glories of freedom while we compromised with prejudice and servitude.出自： M. L. King
He aspired to be a Rhodes Scholar, and thus had to be an all-around man.出自：New York Review of Books
- aspiring adj. 渴望从事…的; 有志向的