- n. 食欲；嗜好；欲望
- [C]欲望 instance of a natural desire for sth
- [U][C]胃口,食欲 a desire or wish to have sth
a feeling of craving something;
"an appetite for life"
"the object of life is to satisfy as many appetencies as possible"
- She is suffering from lack of appetite.
- The long walk has given me a good appetite.
- Mary has no appetite for hard work.
- I have to make an effort to work up an appetite for reading.
- His power appetite was hindered by his bad health.
- My appetite fell off.
- It'll whet the appetite.
- I've lost my appetite.
- The baby has a good appetite.
- The gin killed my appetite.
- The children all have healthy appetites.
- My two sons have enormous appetite.
- The long walk gave her a good appetite.
- He tried to moderate his appetite because he wants to loose weight.
- He had a notorious sexual appetite.
- A man must decide either to curb his appetites or surrender to them.
- Exercise gave me an appetite.
- All that work on the bicycle has given me an appetite.
- This restaurant catered to large appetites and modest purses.
- Sudden decrease in appetite is sometimes a sign of illness.
- He hasn't got much of an appetite.
- He is a giant of vast appetite.
- He was a person of gross sexual appetites.
- Classic music is to her appetite.
- He ate with the appetite of a wolf.
- He ate slowly, without appetite.
- Her appetite for gossip is absolutely indecent.
- Exercises will increase your appetite for food.
- Our son is a football player and has a big appetite for meat.
- I have no appetite for a big fight.
- They had no appetite for the fight.
- She has a great appetite for knowledge.
- At the moment he had no appetite for work.
- He has such a big appetite for reading that you never see him without a book.
- He indulged his appetite to excess.
- spoil one's appetite
坏了胃口，影响食欲 make sb want to eat less at a meal
- work up an appetite
增强食欲do sth that makes you hungry
- appease the appetite of a baby 满足婴儿的食欲
- arouse an appetite for 引起对…的欲望
- arouse sb's appetite for music 引起某人对音乐的兴趣
- create an appetite for 对…产生欲望
- curb sb's appetite 控制某人的食欲
- depress the appetite 倒胃口
- diminish the appetite for 减少对…的欲望
- excite the appetite 增进食欲
- feel an appetite 有饥饿感
- force one's appetites 勉强吃，硬吃
- give the appetite 促进食欲
- have a bad appetite 没有食欲
- have a delicate appetite 食欲不佳
- have an appetite 有某种嗜好
- improve the appetite 增进食欲
- kill appetite 破坏食欲
- lack appetite 缺乏食欲
- limit the appetite for 限制对…的欲望
- lose one's appetite 食欲减退
- moderate one's appetite 节食
- pick up appetite 激起食欲
- promote appetite 增进食欲
- provoke an appetite 引起食欲
- provoke sb's appetite for music 引起某人对音乐的兴趣
- quicken one's appetite 刺激食欲
- satisfy one's appetite 满足食欲
- sharpen one's appetite 刺激食欲
- spoil the appetite 影响食欲
- stimulate the appetite 促进食欲
- take away sb's appetite 使某人失去食欲
- whet the appetite 吊胃口
- work up an appetite 引起欲望
- bad appetite 胃口不好
- beastly appetite 兽欲
- carnal appetite 性欲
- eager appetite 急切的欲望
- enormous appetite 极大的胃口
- fleshly appetite 肉欲
- good appetite 好胃口
- great appetite 食量大；渴求
- healthy appetite 好胃口
- insatiable appetite 贪得无厌的胃口
- jaded appetite 食欲不振
- large appetite 胃口很大
- lusty appetite 情欲
- obscene appetite 淫欲
- poor appetite 胃口不好
- ravenous appetite 大胃口
- sexual appetite 性欲
- strong appetite 强烈的欲望
- unmanageable appetite 无法抑制的欲望
- voracious appetite 强烈的欲望
- wolfish appetite 狼吞虎咽的胃口
- for sb's appetite 投其所好，合某人的胃口
- lack of appetite 食欲不振
- loss of appetite 食欲不振
- to sb's appetite 合某人的胃口
- man with a small appetite 饭量小的人
The most violent Appetites in all Creatures are Lust and Hunger.出自： Addison
I can't explain till I've had something to eat. You idle rich don't realize it, but working gives one an appetite.出自： P. G. Wodehouse
He gained back some of the weight he lost, but his appetite remained only fair.出自： J. Hersey
She picked without appetite at her small salad.出自： J. Heller
Suji's sexual appetite is formidable.出自： R. Grayson
- appetite的基本意思是“欲望”,指人或动物对食物或性的欲望; 用于比喻可指“斗志”等。
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的appetit，意为强烈要求。