- 焦急的,忧虑的,担心的 afraid and worried
- [P]渴望的,急切的 wanting sth very much
- eagerly desirous;
"anxious to see the new show at the museum"
"dying to hear who won"
- causing or fraught with or showing anxiety;
"spent an anxious night waiting for the test results"
"cast anxious glances behind her"
"those nervous moments before takeoff"
"an unquiet mind"
- The whole country was anxious for peace.
- I am anxious to compare my fancy with reality.
- Small businesses are anxious to experiment with computers.
- She was anxious to enlighten me about the events that led up to the dispute.
- I'm very anxious about the speech contest.
- The moderates have plenty to be anxious about.
She had started upstairs when the telephone rang and she recognized the anxious voice of her neighbour,Carrie Nash.
His poor health has been a very anxious business.
The period of his illness was an anxious one for us all.
We have had an anxious time.
The week of the flood was an anxious time for all of us.
You must have had an anxious day.
Dad's illness gave us some anxious moments.
We had a very anxious time until we knew that they were safe.
Two anxious day followed while the ship was being unloaded.
Her illness has long been a very anxious business to me.
Karl was still peering round with sharp, anxious looks.
That is an anxious omen.
She's anxious because her daughter hasn't arrived yet.
Do not be anxious if I am late.
She is desperately anxious, you know?
Why didn't you telephone?You know how anxious, how frantic,I was!
It is time to be going home, your mother will be anxious.
I shall be anxious till I hear that they have got home safely.
She looks anxious.
She seemed to grow more anxious.
He had been kept waiting, got a bit anxious and impatient.
I'm very anxious about my son's health.
The doctors are anxious about his health.
The mother is anxious about her son's safety.
I am anxious about the parcel because it hasn't arrived.
They became anxious at her delay.
She was both glad and anxious at the news.
His brother is anxious for a new bike.
The boy was anxious for a personal computer.
The singer was anxious for the prize.
I was anxious for your help.
I am anxious for a change.
He was anxious for the safety of his money.
He was anxious on the tariff question.
My family are anxious to meet you.
The old man is anxious to see the manager.
I'm anxious to see what the new neighbours are like.
He was anxious to ɡo and see her.
He was anxious to please his master.
She's anxious to find a better job.
I was anxious to hurry my work.
He was anxious to fulfil his task in the shortest possible time.
I was anxious to go to Paris.
The children are anxious to go to the party.
She is anxious to know the result.
The government is anxious to reassure everyone that the situation is under control.
As you know, everybody is anxious to see his article published as soon as possible.
He was anxious for his daughter to go abroad .
She was anxious for her brother to meet you again.
She was anxious for them to go.
I was anxious for them to start early.
We were anxious for them to reach home before dark.
I am anxious for nobody to know where I am going.
I was anxious for everything to be settled.
He was anxious that the meeting the following day should be a success.
We were anxious that everyone should know the truth.
We are anxious that he (should) do his bit.
They were anxious that you (should) return.
I never knew him beforehand so anxious to see anything.
I found his wife very anxious for the play.
She gave him the overcoat, anxious to be of service.
She made for the door, anxious to find out what had happened.
Anxious to reach my goal,I rowed hard.
- abnormally anxious 反常地忧虑
- curiously anxious 好奇地不安
- deeply anxious 深感忧虑
- desperately anxious 忧虑极了
- eagerly anxious 热心地渴望
- excitedly anxious 兴奋地不安
- frantically anxious 忧虑极了
- indescribably anxious 难以形容地不安
- keenly anxious 强烈地忧虑
- lamentably anxious 哀伤地不安
- laughably anxious 可笑地忧虑
- miserably anxious 可怜地忧虑
- naturally anxious 自然地不安
- nervously anxious 紧张地不安
- painfully anxious 令人痛苦地忧虑
- pathetically anxious 令人怜悯地忧虑
- perceptibly anxious 显而易见地忧虑
- pitiably anxious 令人同情地忧虑
- really anxious 确实担心
- ridiculously anxious 可笑地忧虑
- tenderly anxious 脆弱地忧虑
- terribly anxious 极感忧虑
- timidly anxious 胆怯地忧虑
- unduly anxious 过分忧虑
Anxious for their own safety.出自：Ld Macaulay
The most anxious man in a prison is the governor.出自：G. B. Shaw
She was anxious about Leonard, for whom they certainly were responsible.出自：E. M. Forster
I am anxious about/concerning your health.
I am anxious for your safety.
I am anxious that he shall/should avoid the mistake.
I am anxious that he avoid the mistake.
I am anxious for him to try his best。
- anxious表示“忧虑的,担心”时,可用作定语和表语; 用作表语时,其后多接介词 about , at或for,有时可跟状语从句,还可跟that从句。
- anxious之前常可用very修饰,但在其比较级more anxious之前则只能用加强比较语气的much,而不能用very。
- anxious后的补足语有时可采用全隐不定式的形式,例如:Do you want to know the result?Yes. I'm anxious.“你想知道结果吗?”“是的,我想知道。”
- be anxious about, be anxious for, be anxious at
1.这三个短语中, be anxious about和be anxious for两个短语较易混淆,其实他们的含义和用法都是不同的:be anxious about 表示的是“担心”的“内容”,而be anxious for表示的却是“渴望(得到)”的“目标”,试比较下面两个句子:
2.be anxious at的意思是“因…而忧虑”, at的宾语是引起忧虑的“刺激源”,例如:He was anxious at her absence.她的缺席使他忧虑不安。
- I am anxious about him.
- I am anxious for him.
- We were anxious about 〔for〕 her safety.我们盼望她平安无事。
- 从用法上说, anxious about后可接sth 也可接sb,而anxious for后一般只接sth,很少接sb。
- anxious, eager
这两个词都可表示“担心”“焦急”,其区别是：anxious着重消极的“担心”或“焦急”, eager着重积极的“对成功的期望”“急于”或“进取的热情”,带有更多的焦虑情绪。例如:The doctors are anxious about his health.医生们都担心他的健康状况。He is eager about his studies.他对学习很热心。
- He was very anxious that help should be sent promptly.
- He was very anxious for help to be sent.
误 We were anxious for knowing whether he had arrived safely.
正 We were anxious to know whether he had arrived safely.
析 be anxious for后通常接名词或代词,不接动名词。
- ☆ 17世纪20年代进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的anxuis，意为焦急的。
- anxiously adv. 焦急地；渴望地
- anxious:anxious adj. 观念的, 担忧的, 渴望的, 盼望的 英英解释:形容词anxious:1. eagerly desirous同义词：dying2. causing or fraught wi…