- n. 裁判员；仲裁人
- vt. 为 ... 裁决；为 ...仲裁
- vi. 裁判；仲裁
- 为 … 裁决
an official at a baseball game
someone chosen to judge and decide a disputed issue;
"the critic was considered to be an arbiter of modern literature"
"the arbitrator's authority derived from the consent of the disputants"
"an umpire was appointed to settle the tax case"
be a referee or umpire in a sports competition
- The tennis umpire wore an eye-shade.
- The umpire ousted the arguing player from the game.
- The umpire showed partiality for that team.
- The player accepted the umpire's decision.
- He will umpire the dispute.
- The umpire called the runner out.
- An umpire's decision is always final.
He already saw himself, in imagination, the umpire of Europe.出自： Ld Macaulay