- v. 调停；斡旋
- adj. 居间的；间接的
- vi. 调停,调解,斡旋 act as a peacemaker or go-between for two or more people, groups, etc. who disagree
- vt. 居间促成（某事） bring about (sth) by doing this
acting through or dependent on an intervening agency;
"the disease spread by mediate as well as direct contact"
being neither at the beginning nor at the end in a series;
"adolescence is an awkward in-between age"
"in a mediate position"
"the middle point on a line"
act between parties with a view to reconciling differences;
"He interceded in the family dispute"
"He mediated a settlement"
occupy an intermediate or middle position or form a connecting link or stage between two others;
"mediate between the old and the new"
- He attempted to mediate their differences.
- He cooled the situation down by offering to mediate between the disputing parties.
- A well-known local lawyer has been appointed to mediate between the employers and the union leaders, since they can't reach an agreement in direct talks.
- He tried to mediate between his colleagues and management.
- They may be able to mediate between parties with different interests.
- There were some mediate contacts between the two countries before their diplomatic relation was established.
- The UN has mediated the ceasefire.
- The army leaders have mediated peace.
- Let us mediate our differences rather than engage in costly strike.
- mediate between (v.+prep.)
在…之间调解或调停 go to between (two opposing parties) trying to arrange an agreement between them
mediate between sb
The government mediated between the workers and the employers.
A well-known local lawyer has been appointed to mediate between the employers and the union leaders, since they cannot reach agreement in direct talks.
雇主同工会领导在对话中达不成协议,于是就指派当地一位有名望的律师从中调解。mediate sth between sth
They mediated the settlement between labour and management.
- mediate between 在…之间进行调停
As for the King's advisers, he considered it their task to mediate between..King and Parliament.出自： L. Namier
- meditate, reflect ,think
- 这三个词的共同意思是“思考”，其区别在于：think是一般用语，指借助思考以形成某种念头，得出某种结论，了解某种已知的事理等；meditate指集中思想、长时间而认真地从各个观点去考虑一个问题，借以了解其各方面及其有关的问题；reflect指冷静地、认真地、反复地思考一个问题。例如： The congressman is meditating a reply to his critics.这位国会议员正在考虑给他的批评者一个答复。 I need time to reflect on what you offered.我需要时间来考虑你提出的建议。 The congressman is meditating a reply to his critics.这位国会议员正在考虑给他的批评者一个答复。 I need time to reflect on what you offered.我需要时间来考虑你提出的建议。
- arbitrate 仲裁
- intercede 仲裁
- referee 裁判员
- umpire 裁判员
- intervene 干涉
- negotiate 谈判
- intermediate 中间的
- facilitate 促进
- reconcile 调和
- resolve 解决
- settle 解决
- medial 中间的
- interfere 干涉
- judge 法官
- harmonize 协调
- secondary 次要的
- make peace 讲和, 和解, 言归于好...
- make 做
- peace 和平
- interpose 插入
- middle 中等的
- in-between 在中间的
- liaise 保持连络
- immediate 直接的