- n. 运输；经过；转变；[天]中天；凌日；经纬仪
- vt. 穿越；旋转
- vi. 越过
- 渡越，横越， 穿越，越过
- [U]搬运；载运；运输 process of going or being taken or transported from one place to another
a surveying instrument for measuring horizontal and vertical angles, consisting of a small telescope mounted on a tripod
a facility consisting of the means and equipment necessary for the movement of passengers or goods
a journey usually by ship;
"the outward passage took 10 days"
make a passage or journey from one place to another;
"The tourists moved through the town and bought up all the souvenirs;"
"Some travelers pass through the desert"
pass across (a sign or house of the zodiac) or pass across (the disk of a celestial body or the meridian of a place);
"The comet will transit on September 11"
revolve (the telescope of a surveying transit) about its horizontal transverse axis in order to reverse its direction
cause or enable to pass through;
"The canal will transit hundreds of ships every day"
- The goods were lost in transit.
- The transit was damaged by flood.
- Firstly, the drug inhibits octopamine transit in insect brains.
- The city supported an initiative to turn this space, a place of transit, into an actual facility with a more permanent character and a new urban identity and artistic spirit.
- It was worth the risk, he figured, to observe a transit of Venus.
- The surveyors were adjusting the transit to take the measurements.
- We will transit the strait at night.
- Our ship used the canal to transit to the east.
- The comet will transit on September 11.
- His luggage was lost in transit.
- transit network 传输网络
- transit lounge 转港休息室
- transit visa 过境签证
- transit camp 1
- rapid transit 高速交通
- rapid transit system 快速运输系统...
- in transit 在运输中
- transit instrument [测]经纬仪
- transit line 运输路线
- mass transit 公共交通
- transit passenger 过境旅客
- transit route 中继路线
- transit level 经纬水准仪
- transit time 中天时刻,通过时间...
- transit system [经] 运输系统...
- transit dues 转口税,过境税...
- pocket transit 袖珍经纬仪
- transit duty 通行税
- transit port 中转港
- transit shed 中转货棚,通栈...
Maugham was transiting through America on one of his journeys to Asia.出自： T. Morgan