- [U]运送,运输 transporting or being transported
- [U]运输工具 means of transport; vehicle or vehicles
- [U]流放,放逐 (in former times) sending a criminal to a distant land as a punishment
a facility consisting of the means and equipment necessary for the movement of passengers or goods
the act of moving something from one location to another
the sum charged for riding in a public conveyance
the United States federal department that institutes and coordinates national transportation programs; created in 1966
the commercial enterprise of moving goods and materials
the act of expelling a person from their native land;
"men in exile dream of hope"
"his deportation to a penal colony"
"the expatriation of wealthy farmers"
"the sentence was one of transportation for life"
- The Panama Canal has played a very important role in transportation.
- The building of the bridge is very important for the transportation between the two towns.
- The railroad gives free transportation for a certain amount of baggage.
- The train is a safe means of transportation.
- The transportation of goods by air costs a lot.
- My husband is using my car,so I have no means of transportation.
- The transportation took off with its cargo at midnight.
- In the past,British convicts could be sentenced to transportation.
- air transportation 空运
- bus transportation 公共汽车客运
- ground〔surface〕 transportation 地面交通
- mass transportation 大量运输
- railroad〔railway〕 transportation 铁路运输
- transportation company〔permit〕 运输公司〔许可证〕
This sentence..was commuted for one of transportation for life.出自： L. Strachey
Roads will face competition from other modes of transportation.出自：Sun (Baltimore)
- transportation, communication, traffic
- 这组词都与“交通”有关。communication指邮电、无线电、火车、公路等各种各样的交通方式或媒介; traffic指路上、街上车马行人往来的数量或货物、旅客运输的数量; transportation的本义是“运输”,现在常用来指距离较短的“交通”。