pulled or drawn tight;
"a tight drumhead"
"a tight rope"
subjected to great tension; stretched tight;
"the skin of his face looked drawn and tight"
"her nerves were taut as the strings of a bow"
- If a bow-string is too taut, it will snap.
- The lovely mouth was taut with irony.
- He had a taut expression on his face, apparently very angry.
- As she rubbed those taut muscles, she hummed and prayed.
- He waved his arm at the taut wire of the horizon.
Perceptible slackening of the taut muscles of his mouth.出自： M. Sinclair
My nerves are taut as fiddle strings.出自： V. Woolf