- 焦急的,忧虑的,担心的 afraid and worried
- [P]渴望的,急切的 wanting sth very much
"anxious to see the new show at the museum"
"dying to hear who won"
causing or fraught with or showing anxiety;
"spent an anxious night waiting for the test results"
"cast anxious glances behind her"
"those nervous moments before takeoff"
"an unquiet mind"
- The whole country was anxious for peace.
- I am anxious to compare my fancy with reality.
- Small businesses are anxious to experiment with computers.
- She was anxious to enlighten me about the events that led up to the dispute.
- I'm very anxious about the speech contest.
- The moderates have plenty to be anxious about.
- I was anxious about the children when they didn't come back home from school.
- She had started upstairs when the telephone rang and she recognized the anxious voice of her neighbour,Carrie Nash.
- His poor health has been a very anxious business.
- The period of his illness was an anxious one for us all.
- We have had an anxious time.
- The week of the flood was an anxious time for all of us.
- You must have had an anxious day.
- Dad's illness gave us some anxious moments.
- We had a very anxious time until we knew that they were safe.
- Two anxious day followed while the ship was being unloaded.
- Her illness has long been a very anxious business to me.
- Karl was still peering round with sharp, anxious looks.
- That is an anxious omen.
- She's anxious because her daughter hasn't arrived yet.
- Do not be anxious if I am late.
- She is desperately anxious, you know?
- Why didn't you telephone?You know how anxious, how frantic,I was!
- It is time to be going home, your mother will be anxious.
- I shall be anxious till I hear that they have got home safely.
- She looks anxious.
- She seemed to grow more anxious.
- He had been kept waiting, got a bit anxious and impatient.
- I'm very anxious about my son's health.
- The doctors are anxious about his health.
- The mother is anxious about her son's safety.
- I am anxious about the parcel because it hasn't arrived.
- They became anxious at her delay.
- She was both glad and anxious at the news.
- His brother is anxious for a new bike.
- The boy was anxious for a personal computer.
- The singer was anxious for the prize.
- I was anxious for your help.
- I am anxious for a change.
- He was anxious for the safety of his money.
- He was anxious on the tariff question.
- My family are anxious to meet you.
- The old man is anxious to see the manager.
- I'm anxious to see what the new neighbours are like.
- He was anxious to ɡo and see her.
- He was anxious to please his master.
- She's anxious to find a better job.
- I was anxious to hurry my work.
- He was anxious to fulfil his task in the shortest possible time.
- I was anxious to go to Paris.
- The children are anxious to go to the party.
- She is anxious to know the result.
- The government is anxious to reassure everyone that the situation is under control.
- As you know, everybody is anxious to see his article published as soon as possible.
- He was anxious for his daughter to go abroad .
- She was anxious for her brother to meet you again.
- She was anxious for them to go.
- I was anxious for them to start early.
- We were anxious for them to reach home before dark.
- I am anxious for nobody to know where I am going.
- I was anxious for everything to be settled.
- He was anxious that the meeting the following day should be a success.
- We were anxious that everyone should know the truth.
- We are anxious that he (should) do his bit.
- They were anxious that you (should) return.
- I never knew him beforehand so anxious to see anything.
- I found his wife very anxious for the play.
- She gave him the overcoat, anxious to be of service.
- She made for the door, anxious to find out what had happened.
- Anxious to reach my goal,I rowed hard.
- abnormally anxious 反常地忧虑
- curiously anxious 好奇地不安
- deeply anxious 深感忧虑
- desperately anxious 忧虑极了
- eagerly anxious 热心地渴望
- excitedly anxious 兴奋地不安
- frantically anxious 忧虑极了
- indescribably anxious 难以形容地不安
- keenly anxious 强烈地忧虑
- lamentably anxious 哀伤地不安
- laughably anxious 可笑地忧虑
- miserably anxious 可怜地忧虑
- naturally anxious 自然地不安
- nervously anxious 紧张地不安
- painfully anxious 令人痛苦地忧虑
- pathetically anxious 令人怜悯地忧虑
- perceptibly anxious 显而易见地忧虑
- pitiably anxious 令人同情地忧虑
- really anxious 确实担心
- ridiculously anxious 可笑地忧虑
- tenderly anxious 脆弱地忧虑
- terribly anxious 极感忧虑
- timidly anxious 胆怯地忧虑
- unduly anxious 过分忧虑
Anxious for their own safety.出自： Ld Macaulay
The most anxious man in a prison is the governor.出自： G. B. Shaw
She was anxious about Leonard, for whom they certainly were responsible.出自： E. M. Forster
- anxious表示“忧虑的,担心”时,可用作定语和表语; 用作表语时,其后多接介词 about , at或for,有时可跟状语从句,还可跟that从句。
- anxious之前常可用very修饰,但在其比较级more anxious之前则只能用加强比较语气的much,而不能用very。
I am anxious about/concerning your health.
I am anxious for your safety.
I am anxious that he shall/should avoid the mistake.
I am anxious that he avoid the mistake.
I am anxious for him to try his best。
- be anxious about, be anxious for, be anxious at
- 1.这三个短语中, be anxious about和be anxious for两个短语较易混淆,其实他们的含义和用法都是不同的:be anxious about 表示的是“担心”的“内容”,而be anxious for表示的却是“渴望(得到)”的“目标”,试比较下面两个句子:
- I am anxious about him.
- I am anxious for him.
- We were anxious about 〔for〕 her safety.我们盼望她平安无事。
- 从用法上说, anxious about后可接sth 也可接sb,而anxious for后一般只接sth,很少接sb。
- 2.be anxious at的意思是“因…而忧虑”, at的宾语是引起忧虑的“刺激源”,例如:
- He was anxious at her absence.她的缺席使他忧虑不安。
- anxious, eager
- anxious着重消极的“担心”或“焦急”, eager着重积极的“对成功的期望”“急于”或“进取的热情”,带有更多的焦虑情绪。例如:
- The doctors are anxious about his health.医生们都担心他的健康状况。
- He is eager about his studies.他对学习很热心。
- He was very anxious that help should be sent promptly.
- He was very anxious for help to be sent.
误 We were anxious for knowing whether he had arrived safely.
正 We were anxious to know whether he had arrived safely.
析 be anxious for后通常接名词或代词,不接动名词。
- ☆ 17世纪20年代进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的anxius，意为焦急的。
- anxiously adv. 焦急地；渴望地