- vi. 群集 be present in large numbers; move in a swarm
a moving crowd
a group of many things in the air or on the ground;
"a swarm of insects obscured the light"
"clouds of blossoms"
"it discharged a cloud of spores"
be teeming, be abuzz;
"The garden was swarming with bees"
"The plaza is teeming with undercover policemen"
"her mind pullulated with worries"
move in large numbers;
"people were pouring out of the theater"
"beggars pullulated in the plaza"
- I saw a swarm of bees attacking the poor monkey.
- He has received a swarm of letters.
- The locust swarm has destroyed all the crops and vegetables.
- Like bees in a swarm, these stars move on ever changing orbits.
- Many students swarm into the canteen after class.
- Myriads of small marine insects swarm the ocean.
- These shores will still swarm with the dead of my people.
- I knew the train was coming as I had seen the passengers swarm into the platform.
- When bees swarm, hundreds of them come together in a great mass.
- Customers swarmed before the counter.
- swarm about (v.+adv.)
成群四处游荡 go everywhere in a crowd
Bees swarmed about in the orchard.
- swarm across (v.+prep.)
蜂拥着穿过 pass in a crowd
swarm across sth
They swarmed across the bridge.
- swarm back into (v.+adv.+prep.)
成群拥回 return in a crowd
swarm back into sth
When the rain started the crowd swarmed back into the hotel.
- swarm out of (v.+adv.+prep.)
蜂拥而出 go out in a crowd
swarm out of sth
When the bell rang, the children swarmed out of the school.
- swarm with (v.+prep.)
挤满; 充满 be crowded with sth/sb
swarm with sb/sth
The stables swarmed with flies.
The swamp swarms with mosquitoes and other insects.
The open tents swarmed with mosquitoes.
The house swarmed with rats.
The beach is swarming with bathers.
The scenic spot swarmed with tourists.
The White House rose garden was swarming with security men.
I swarmed with the work at the present.
- swarm amazingly 令人惊异地挤满
- swarm curiously 不寻常地挤满
- swarm habitually 惯常地挤满
- swarm infrequently 罕见地挤满
- swarm magnificently 壮丽地挤满
- swarm remarkably 不平常地挤满
- swarm savagely 野蛮地挤满
- swarm scathingly 不留情地挤满
- swarm spectacularly 引人入胜地挤满
- swarm about 成群四处游荡
A swarm of daffodils, like those Wordsworth immortalized.出自： J. S. Huxley
A swarm of brown women and children were chasing birds.出自： A. Brink
Women..swarming in and out of shops.出自： V. Woolf
Children..swarming about and screaming at..play.出自： G. Huntington