- vi. & vt. 集合,收集 gather or collect together into a group or into one place
- vt. 装配,组合 put sth together
create by putting components or members together;
"She pieced a quilt"
"He tacked together some verses"
"They set up a committee"
collect in one place;
"We assembled in the church basement"
"Let's gather in the dining room"
get people together;
"assemble your colleagues"
"get together all those who are interested in the project"
"gather the close family members"
- The students assembled in the school garden.
- If the fire-alarm goes, staff should assemble outside the building.
- Assemble your papers and put them in the file .
- The processing and assemble business is a component part of our foreign trade.
- Some boys like to assemble model airplanes.
- Congress assembles together in January.
- The club members assembled in the meeting room.
- Our men quickly assembled in the street.
- All the six graders assembled in the school hall.
- The four leaders assembled in Paris for a summit meeting.
- All the students were asked to assemble in the main hall.
- We were told to assemble in front of the school.
- The whole city solemnly assembled on the square.
- The children assembled outside the building.
- The hot sun had just begun to sink when the people again assembled around the wrestling area, now all dressed in their best.
- Pupils assemble for lessons at 8 o'clock.
- A crowd quickly assembled to watch the cockfight.
- At the beginning of the day, we all assemble in the main hall to be addressed by the head-teacher.
- How long would it take to assemble a team for a project like this?
- The manager has assembled a world-class team.
- The manager assembled the staff for a special announcement.
- The commander assembled his men and announced their mission.
- They assembled a tremendous force to face the attack.
- He assembled the boys in the compound.
- A few minutes later, the head-warder assembled the guards and warders in his office.
- The grandfather had assembled all the members of the family for the annual picnic.
- Assemble your papers and put them in this file.
- I won't attempt to assemble the evidence here.
- I have assembled all the information I need for my essay.
- He assembled a large library.
- The cook assembled several things she needed to make a cake: eggs, milk and sugar.
- It took him less than two hours to assemble the model plane.
- The people who assemble cars work very quickly.
- He bought the parts separately and assembled his own computer.
- Salesmen in hardware shops assembled sewing machines in two and a half minutes.
- All the members were assembled.
- The students were assembled in the school hall.
- The next afternoon the unwelcome guests were assembled in the great hall as usual.
- Machine parts are assembled into final products in this shop.
- This machine is assembled.We are now going to try it.
- This type of machine can be assembled in a few hours.
- She announced to the assembled relatives that she intended to sell the house and move abroad.
- She then addressed the assembled company.
- He called us all together, and told the assembled company that the exams had been cancelled.
- assemble a machine 装配机器
- assemble cars 装配汽车
- assemble forces 调集兵力
- assemble model airplanes 组装飞机模型
- assemble the papers 把文件集中起来
- assemble the pupils 召集学生
- assemble parts into a toy truck 把零件装配成玩具卡车
All the men of Israel assembled themselves unto king Solomon.出自：Bible (AV): 1 Kings
The French assembled an army along the Pyrenees.出自： E. Longford
Now, I thought, assembling fountain-pen, inkpot and notes, I'm really going to hit the bastard with everything.出自： M. Amis
- assemble引申可作“装配,组合”解,强调后果的整体性,是及物动词,其宾语多为机器、模型等; 可用于被动结构。
- assemble, collect, congregate, gather
- He hung up the map on the wall and collected political cadres and teachers to address them.他把那张地图挂在墙上,召集政治干部和政治教员来给他们讲话。
- He travels about the world gathering facts about the little-known disease.他走遍世界,收集鲜为人知的疾病资料。
- The hosts are gathered in the adjoining lounge.许多人聚集在隔壁的休息室里。
- More and more water was gathering in the swamp.沼泽地里的水越积越多。
- He called us all together, and told the assembled company that the exams had been cancelled.他把我们召集到一起,告诉大家考试已经取消。
- The members assembled in the meeting room.成员们都聚集在会议室。
- Assemble your papers and put them in the file.把你的文件归拢好放在这个文件夹内。
- A crowd congregated around the orator.一群人聚集在演说者的周围。
- The crowd congregated in the town square to hear the President speak.人群聚集到市镇广场上来听总统讲话。
- Cattle congregate during a storm.在暴风雨中,牲口聚集在一起。