a source of materials to nourish the body
the financial means whereby one lives;
"each child was expected to pay for their keep"
"he applied to the state for support"
"he could no longer earn his own livelihood"
the act of sustaining life by food or providing a means of subsistence;
"they were in want of sustenance"
"fishing was their main sustainment"
- He gave money for the sustenance of a poor family.
- There isn't much sustenance in a cucumber.
- She is weak from lack of sustenance.
- He has gone for a week without sustenance.
- The urban homeless are often in desperate need of sustenance.
- daily sustenance 日口粮, 日给养...
The fur trade..gave early sustenance..to the great Canadian provinces.出自： W. Irving
- nourishment 营养
- maintenance 维修
- livelihood 生计
- assistance 援助
- meat 肉
- refreshment 恢复
- victuals 食物
- nutrition 营养
- diet 日常食物
- food 食物
- provisions 供应
- fuel 燃料
- sustenance 维持生计
- wherewithal 必要的资金
- support 支持
- nutriment 营养品
- upkeep 维持
- keep 保持
- sustainment 支持
- alimentation 供养
- bread and butter 生计
- living 活着的
- aliment 食物
- sustentation 支持